University Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program Informationplus or minus
Dear Members of the University Community:
Below please find a compilation of information on The University of Scranton’s Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs. Notice of this information is required by federal regulation and provides a useful resource regarding University efforts in this important area. A copy of this disclosure is available in the Offices of Human Resources (St. Thomas Hall - 100) and Student Formation and Campus Life (DeNaples Campus Center – Suite 201) upon request.
Vice Provost for Student Formation and Campus Life
Associate Vice President for Human Resources
University Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program Information
Minors on Campus Policy - PA Act 153plus or minus
The University of Scranton maintains its facilities in a manner consistent with its mission of higher education. Although a university is primarily an adult environment, children under the age of eighteen (18) enter campus to visit faculty, staff or students. Children may enter the campus as part of a program, to attend an event, or to use a campus resource.
The conditions in this policy are in addition to any requirements that may apply to other visitors to campus. This policy applies to activities and programs taking place on the campus of the University of Scranton where minors will be present and under the care and control of a University representative, as well as off campus activities that fall under the authority and direction of the University. This policy applies to both programs in which adults have sustained and regular contact with children and programs where the contact with children is less regular. This policy is not intended to apply to:
- Programs in which enrolled undergraduate students of the University, or of another university participating in the program, are the only minors participating.
- Research programs subject to the review and approval of the Institutional Review Board where minors are the subjects of the research.
- Admissions programs designed to attract high school juniors and seniors to the University, family weekend, and such other programs as may be designated by the appropriate divisional vice president in consultation with the General Counsel.
- Programs where minors are on campus under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other authorized adult.
Despite the tailored application of the restrictions set forth herein, the reporting requirement in this policy applies to all University employees and is not limited in any way by the exemption language above.
- Minors on Campus Event Registration Form
- Minors on Campus Policy
- Training Program
- Background Check
- Institutional Reporting Policy
Registration forms should be submitted to email@example.com, Attn: Elisa Cosner
Benefit Notificationsplus or minus
The University of Scranton is legally required to annually provide you with important information about your benefits plans.
Employees who would prefer to receive the required Benefit Notices in hardcopy should notify the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Questions regarding these notices may be directed to the Office of Human Resources.