partnership with social ministries,
they are exemplifying and modeling knowledge which is service,
and the students learn by imitating them."
- Rev. Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, S.J.
- Dona Bauman and Vanessa Silla (Education), Hear Our Voices: Voices of Mexican Mothers, Council for Exceptional Children, Louisville, KY, April 21, 2007.
- Brian W. Carpenter and Daniel P. Mahoney (Accounting), Expanding The Accounting Education Horizon: Sensitizing Students to the Profession’s Societal Obligations, Journal of Business and Economics Research, Accounting and Financial Management, 4(1), 19-31, January 2006
- Dan Haggerty (Philosophy) White Guilt and White Shame: Moral Psychology and Political Philosophy , University of Scranton Nov. 2, 2007.
- Ioannis Kallianiotis and Iordanis Petsas (Economics/Finance), Public Policy Effectiveness on a Loss to Society Function and Inflation Dynamics, Spoudai, 56 (2), June 2006.
- Daniel P. Mahoney (Accounting), Toward a More Ethical System of State and Local Government Retirement Funding, Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management, 14(2), 197-224, Summer 2002
- Rose Sebastianelli (Operations and Information Management), and Susan Trussler (Economics/Finance) International Content as Hidden Curriculum in Business Statistics: An Overlooked Opportunity, Journal of Teaching in International Business, Vol 18(1), pp. 73-87, Fall 2006.
- Abhijit Roy (Management/Marketing), P. Paul and K. Mukhopadhyay. The Impact of Cultural Values on Marketing Ethical Norms: A Study in India and the United States, Journal of International Marketing, 14 (4), 28-56., December 2006.
- Patricia Harrington (Nursing) and M. Murphy, HIV/AIDS in Kenya: A Train-the-Trainer Model Program forComprehensive AIDS Care, Counseling, and Prevention, ANAC (Association of Nurses in AIDS Care), 19th Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, October 27, 2006.
- Al Dhawi, Robert Spinelli and Daniel West (Health Administration & Human Resources), The challenge of sustaining healthcare in Oman, The Health Care Manager, 26(1), 1-8., Fall 2006.
Education for Justice
- Robert A. Parsons (Foreign Languages), Service Learning in the Local Hispanic/Latino Community in Scranton, PA: The Development and Evaluation of an Experimental College Course, The 15th Annual Conference of the National Association of African American Studies and Affiliates, Baton Rouge, LA, February 14, 2007.
- Tata Mbugua (Education), Kenya-USA University Collaboration for Global Child Advocacy through International Service Learning, Tampa, Florida Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI), May 2-6, 2007.
- Resolve 2009 Conference sponsored by the National Student Campaign against Hunger and Homelessness