Veterans' Club By Laws
Mission, Membership, Meetings
To provide a welcoming atmosphere to all military veterans through peer support, advocacy, and community involvement while upholding the Jesuit philosophy of “men and women for others” enabling every member to succeed in higher education and beyond.
Club Membership Requirements
The Veterans' Club would be open to all student veterans, non-veteran students, faculty, and staff.
Frequency of Meetings
The Veterans' Club will hold biweekly meetings.
- Serve as an official representative for the Student Veteran Club.
- Serve as a liaison between the administrative offices at the University of Scranton.
- Preside at all meetings.
- Sets the agenda in consultation with the President.
- Ensures that the activities of the Student Veteran Club are properly communicated to the campus community.
- In the absence or removal of the President, assumes the responsibilities for the remainder of the term
- Sergeant at Arms
- Records and distributes minutes of all meetings.
- Keeps a record of attendance at all meetings.
- Assists with paperwork and procedures.
- Responsible for making regular reports regarding Student Veteran Club finances.
- Prepares financial summaries at the beginning and end of each fiscal year.
- Deposits funds into Student Veteran Club account.
- Makes payments when necessary.
- The elected officers of the Student Veteran Club will be: President, Vice President, Sergeant at Arms, and Treasurer.
- All registered student veterans are eligible to run for each position.
- All officers will serve without salary or other financial compensation.
- The President and Sergeant at Arms will be elected at the end of the spring semester for the next two semesters (fall and spring). The exception is the initial elections for the Student Veteran Club which will take place the February 28, 2013 and the President and Sergeant at Arms will serve for three semesters.
- The Vice President and Treasurer will be elected at the end of the fall semester for the next two semesters (spring and fall). The exception is the initial elections on February 28, 2013 when the Vice President and Treasurer will be elected.
- The term for an elected officer is one year. An officer may choose to re-run for a current position or for another office as long as the officer is a registered student veteran for the following term.
- All members are eligible to vote in Student Veteran Club elections.
- Each member shall have one vote.
- Elected officers will be determined by a majority of the legal votes.