Imaging/ Document Management
Imaging enables a department to reduce or eliminate the use of paper, the need for printing documents and the frequency of replacing ink cartridges (economical and ecological). With imaging, all the documents are made available in one location, on your desktop.
There are a many benefits a department can enjoy from implementing imaging. Some of these benefits include: economical, ecological, logistical and security. Imaging enables a department to reduce or eliminate the use of paper, the need for printing documents and the frequency of replacing ink cartridges (economical and ecological). With imaging, all the documents are made available in one location - your desktop. This eliminates the constant running back and forth to filing cabinets (logistical).
Imaging also provides a much more secure storage solution over paper records. In the case of a fire or water damage in your department, your imaged documents will still be safe. Imaged documents are only available to those individuals with an authorized user name and password (security).
- A dedicated "Scanning" PC. This is the PC to which the scanner will be connected. Requirements for the PC will depend on the scanner selected.
- A stand alone scanner. Current scanners being used on campus include: HP Scanjets 7500, 8390, N8420, N8460, and a Fujitsu FI5220C. There are other makes and models of scanners on the market that can be considered for your project. The volume of documents, document size and quality, and space available in your department are a few factors that will help determine the kind of scanner that will best meet your needs.
Once setup, you may scan 24/7, except for scheduled maintenance on Banner.
- Review the different imaging options and Imaging Quick Answers
- WebXtender Training Document
- Xtender Solutions Security Request Form
- Imaging Project Analysis Form
Departments Currently Scanning and Indexing Documents in the Banner Imaging System
- Finance (including Accounts Payable and Purchasing)
- Financial Aid
- Registrar's Office
- University Police