University Work Study

Several University Departments do have an allocation for institutional work study, which will allow them to employ students not eligible for FWS. Federal Work Study is restricted to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and a special category of eligible non-citizens who demonstrate remaining financial need after scholarships, grants, loans, and other resources.

The Financial Aid Office’s priority is to refer approved applicants for the Federal Work Study program.  Students not qualified for federal funds may contact individual campus departments to inquire about work opportunities under the UWS program.  If a department is willing to hire a student under the institutional work program, the Financial Aid Office will complete the required placement forms.

Scroll to Top