Applying for financial aid may seem complicated and confusing, but its completion is not as difficult as it may appear. Applications are available in December. Be aware of any filing deadlines. The following is a checklist of items you will use to complete the form:
- Parents' and student's 2 years prior federal tax returns.
- W-2 forms and any other statements of earnings. Review box 12a-d, (W-2 Form) for untaxed pension contributions.
- Current bank, stock and investment statements for both parents and student.
- Value of real estate. Do not include primary residence.
- Value of any business assets. Do not include net value of family owned business with less than 100 employees.
- Value of any S corporation or investment farms.
- Medical and dental bills paid and not reimbursed by insurance in previous year.
- Records of tuition paid in previous year to private elementary or secondary schools for applicant's siblings.
- Records of untaxed income received in 2 years prior such as welfare, Social Security, TANF, child support, or veteran benefits.
Remember we are here to help you.
Feel free to call (570) 941-7701,
e-mail us if you have any questions.
- Apply for Aid
- Scholarships & Grants
- Loans & Financing Options
- Student Employment
- Veterans Information
- Private Outside Awards
- Helpful Resources
- Tuition Exchange
- Contact Us and Staff
- Bursar's Office
- View My Status/Third Party Access
- Registration Information
- Lending Code of Conduct
- Mailing Address:
- The University of Scranton
- Financial Aid Office
- 800 Linden Street
- Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Office Location:
- St. Thomas Hall, Room 401
Fax: (570) 941-4370
- Federal School Code: 003384