Business Leadership Program
The business leadership program at The University of Scranton provides students the opportunity to develop special skills fro business leadership. The program includes specific sections of key business courses taught from a leadership perspective, leadership seminars, a mentor/internship program, and a independent leadership project.
This highly selective program accepts 15 sophomore students each spring. The students then begin a two-year curriculum the following fall semester
Applicants are judged on the following criteria
- leadership experience and/or potential
- self-assessment and motivation
- interests and hobbies
- faculty recommendations
- grade point average of at least 3.3
Some courses are taught with a special emphasis on business leadership by faculty chosen for their exceptional teaching and their interest in the leadership concept. The internship program, in which students are paired with business leaders who serve as mentors, and the development of business projects by students that demonstrate leadership ability, provide practical, hands-on experience.
The program culminates with a portfolio prepared by students on the essence of leadership as derived from participation in the program. The students defend their concepts of leadership before a faculty board.
Cynthia Cann's involvement in the Business Leadership Program:
- Taught in the Leadership Program (fall 1995 to fall 2005) and am an active participant on Leadership Advisory Board
- Participate in planning each year of Leadership Program
- Mentor for Business Leadership Class of 2000 senior project
- Mentor for Business Leadership Class of 2001 senior project
- 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 examiner of Leadership students final projects
- 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 reviewer and interviewer of student applicants to Leadership Program
- Fall 1997, Spring 1998, Fall 1998, and Fall of 1999 and 2001 hosted Leadership students, faculty and administrators at my home as a solidarity building event
Click Here to view pictures from the September 2002 Business Leadership Picnic at Dr. Cann's house.