Below is a list of important questions to consider when planning an event. Work orders and catering orders should be submitted two weeks in advance of the event.
When selecting a date, consider:
- Does it conflict with major institutional events?
- Does it fall on a holiday?
When selecting a location, determine:
- Approximate number of attendees
- Preferred set up – i.e. classroom style, theater-style
- Dining needs
- Audiovisual needs
What will the parking needs entail?
- Will your guests be coming by way of bus or by individual vehicle?
- Was parking services notified?
What meals will be provided?
- Continental breakfast/morning refresh
- Afternoon break
- Table cloths and skirting for registration and display tables
- Do you require WiFi access?
- Will you be using PowerPoint or other Windows programs?
- Will you be bringing a MAC laptop?
Will you need:
- A registration table
- Display tables
- Coat racks
- Type of housing preferred – apartment-style, suite-style, or traditional residence halls
- Will you require linen service?
- Will there be any early arrivals or late departures?