University of Scranton featured in Tradeline report
The University of Scranton science center was featured in a report published by Tradeline, a professional organization that serves as a leading-edge resource for facilities planning and management. The report, entitled "University of Scranton Promotes Collaboration Among Disciplines", describes how the design elements of our new science center emphasize "interdisciplinary" over "multidisciplinary".
Among the design elements are:
- an emphasis on the notion that "lab space" is much more than just "lab bench"
- the creation of undergraduate student spaces
- "social spaces" as key points for intellectual collaboration
- focus on "science as a human endeavor"
Read more by visiting the article on the Tradeline Website.
- Overview and Conceptual Background
- Design Specifications
- LSC and the Curriculum
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699