IRB Training Program
Completion of IRB-approved training is required of all persons conducting research with Human Subjects at, or in conjunction with, the University of Scranton. If you have completed training at another institution, contact Kathryn Yerkes, IRB Administrator, to verify if the training is acceptable for University IRB needs. Training must be competed no less than three (3) years prior to the submission of the IRB application.
Training consists of a number of modules which are grouped for your ease in selecting the correct track for your research:
Group 1 - Social & Behavioral Research
Group 2 - Biomedical Research
Group 3 - IRB members, DRB members & IRB Administrator (Faculty/Staff only)
Note: It is not necessary to complete all of the modules in one session. The CITI system retains your information and you can access it at any time. Just be sure to remember your USERNAME and PASSWORD.
A quiz follows each module. You must attain an overall score of at least 80%. When you have completed the entire training, please print out your completion report. An e-mail of your completion will also automatically be sent directly to the IRB Administrator.
Click here to start your training. Once you have accessed the CITI website, follow these steps:
- Click on New Users Register Here..
- Locate the University of Scranton in the pull-down menu under Participating Institutions and click Submit.
- Follow the instructions to set up your username and PIN, be sure to remember this login information. Click Submit.
- Enter information requested and Submit.
- Enter asterisk (*) fields only and Submit.
- Select your group and Submit. If unsure, contact ORSP.
- Answer as appropriate and Submit.
- On the Learner's Menu Page, click on Grade Book link (in red) to begin and follow the instructions.
Grants and Sponsored Programs
- Student Research
- CITI Training & Resources
- Faculty Grant Writing-Travel Initiative
- Faculty Internal Research Funding
- Faculty Research Committee (FRC)
- Faculty Sabbaticals
- Finding Funding
- Grant Proposal Information
- Grant Proposal Preparation
- Grant Resources Materials
- Policies and Procedures
- Contact ORSSP
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- 800 Linden Street
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-6353