Student Outcomes and Program Educational Objectives
Student outcomes describe the knowledge and skills students are expected to know and
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of our Computer and Electrical Engineering programs are expected within a few years of graduation to have:
Established themselves as professionals who meet the expectations of their employers.
Pursued advanced education if desired.
A commitment to community service based in part on the Jesuit humanistic tradition expressed through a concern for society and the environment.
- Physics/EEng Department
- Mission Statement
- Program Curriculum
- Student Experiences
- Student Clubs
- Faculty/Contact Us
- Dept. of Physics & Electrical Engineering
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: +1 (570) 941-7509
- Fax: +1 (570) 941-4085