The Multicultural Center values your professional development and recognizes that the exposure to and networking with professional organizations is a valuable resource in your career exploration and in connecting with like-minded students and professionals. The following list includes links of interest, advocacy and a list of diverse professional associations and organizations. To see the complete list of professional organizations and associations click on the links below:
Links of Interest and Advocacyplus or minus
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Diversity Education Consortium- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Diversity Education Consortium (NEPDEC) is a non-sectarian, a not-for-profit educational consortium.
- Children's Defense Fund- The Children’s Defense Fund is a non-profit child advocacy organization that has worked relentlessly for more than 40 years to ensure a level playing field for all children.
- Muslim Public Affairs Council- The Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) is a national public affairs nonprofit organization working to promote and strengthen American pluralism by increasing understanding and improving policies that impact American Muslims.
- National Museum of the American Indian- In partnership with Native peoples and their allies, the National Museum of the American Indian fosters a richer shared human experience through a more informed understanding of Native peoples.
- National Civil Rights Museum- The National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee, is steadfast in its mission to share the culture and lessons from the American Civil Rights Movement and explore how this significant era continues to shape equality and freedom globally.
- Archives Library Information Center- Archives Library Information Center provides access to information on American history and government, archival administration, information management, and government documents to NARA staff, archives, and records management professionals, and the general public.
- Tribal College Journal- The Tribal College Journal is an online publication that features articles, news, and resources for American Indians in Higher Education.
- Pacifica: Radio With Vision- The Pacifica Radio Archives is the oldest and largest audio collection of public radio programming in the U.S. and an American Treasure.
- Southern Poverty Law Center- The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
- Diversity Inc- DiversityInc is an online source of news and articles to bring education and clarity to the business benefits of diversity.
- WhereWomenWantToWork.com- Where Women Work is an online portal that showcases the impressive work and achievements of women, while shining a spotlight on the organizations supporting them.
- Anti-Defamation League- ADL is a global leader in exposing extremism and delivering anti-bias education, and is a leading organization in training law enforcement.
Asian Professional Associations & Organizations plus or minus
- Ascend is the largest, non-profit Pan-Asian membership organization for business professionals in North America, with 60,000+ senior executives, professionals, and MBA/undergraduate students. (Right-click to open)
- Asian American Advertising Federation (3AF) is dedicated to advancing the Asian American marketing and advertising industry for Asian American consumers through education, advocacy, and collaboration. (Right-click to open)
- Asian American Architects and Engineers Association (AAAESC) is committed to providing a platform for empowering Asian American professionals working in the built environment.
- Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) believes in promoting diversity in news coverage and in newsrooms.
- Asian American Professional Association (AAPA) inspires, develops, and promotes Asian American and minority professionals to maximize their career and leadership potential.
Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA) is committed to addressing the unique health challenges of Asian Pacific American communities through education, outreach, advocacy, and service.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) is the national association of Asian Pacific American attorneys, judges, law professors, and law students. (Right-click to open)
- National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) is a non-profit organization that cultivates and empowers Asian & Pacific Islander leaders.
- National Organization for Vietnamese American Leadership (NOVAL) fosters the advancement of the Vietnamese American community.
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) is dedicated to advancing its members to help them achieve their full career potential.
Black Professional Associations & Organizationsplus or minus
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- National Council of Negro Women
- National Urban League
- American Association of Blacks in Energy (AABE) ensures the input of African Americans into the discussion and development of energy policies, regulations, R&D technologies and environmental issues.
- Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) promotes and advances the profession of African Psychology.
- Association of Black Women Physicians (ABWP) is an organized network of black women physicians committed to the improvement of public health and health equity.
- National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE) is devoted to the success of the nation’s children, particularly children of African descent.
- National Association of African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) is an inspirational and unique career development and networking powerhouse.
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) is the leader in expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) provides career development as well as educational and other support to its members worldwide. (Right-click to open)
- National Association of Black Social Workers (NABSW) is committed to enhancing quality of life and empowering people of African ancestry.
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) leads in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for African Americans.
- National Black Nurses Associatio
n (NBNA) is a forum for black nurses to advocate for and implement strategies to ensure access to the highest quality of healthcare for persons of color.
- National Black Prosecutors Association (NBPA) is the only professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of African Americans as prosecutors. (Right-click to open)
- National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) is a professional membership organization dedicated to the advancement of black leadership in the public sector.
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is dedicated to serving culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community. (Right-click to open)
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) promotes the professional well-being of African American physicist and physics students. (Right-click to open)
Hispanic/Latina(o) Professional Associations & Organizationsplus or minus
- Saludos Web: Promoting Hispanic Careers and Education
- The Hispanic Institute
- Top 15 Latino Professionals Associations (PDF)
- American Society of Hispanic Economists (ASHE) is committed to serving the interests of Hispanic Americans in the economics profession. (Right-click to open)
- Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA) is the country’s leading professional latino non-profit organization. (Right-click to open)
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of Latino professionals. (Right-click to open)
- National Association of Hispanic Healthcare Executives (NAHHE) promotes the advancement of Hispanic/Latinos in management and C-suite leadership positions in healthcare.
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses (NAHN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting Hispanic nurses to improve the healthcare of our communities.
- National Association of Latino Healthcare Executives (NALHE) is led by Latino executive leaders of U.S. hospitals and healthcare organizations and experts.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting: is the leading association of Hispanics/Latinos working in finance, accounting and related professions. Offers workshops, mentorships and other programs.
- National Society of Hispanic MBAs: prepares Hispanics/Latinos for leadership positions in public and private sectors; links Hispanic/Latino professionals and MBA students with corporations and other organizations.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers is now the largest Hispanic/Latino engineering and science organization. Offers professional development and networking to 8,000 members in 43 professional chapters; 240 student chapters.
- Hispanic National Bar Association is a professional organization for Hispanic/Latino attorneys, judges, law professionals and law students in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Prospanica is dedicated to building and advancing Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development. (Right-click to open)
LGBTQ Professional Organizationsplus or minus
- Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation- GLAAD is a national organization dedicated to promoting fair, accurate, and inclusive representation of individuals and events in the media as a means of challenging dicrimination based on sexual orientation
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- PFlag- Uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies, PFLAG is committed to advancing equality through its mission of support, education, and advocacy.
- Gay & Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) is the world’s largest and oldest association of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) healthcare professionals. (Right-click to open)
- National LGBT Bar Association (LGBT BAR) is a national association of lawyers, judges, and legal professionals promoting justice in and through the legal profession for the LGBT community.
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP) is a professional society for LGBT people in science, technology, engineering, and math.
Women Professional Organizationsplus or minus
- 100 Hispanic Women
- 9to5 National Association of Working Women- A national membership organization that strengthens women’s ability to work for economic justice
- Asian Women in Business
- American Association of University Women
- U. S. Department of Labor: Women’s Bureau
- National Council Negro Women
- Alliance for Women in Media (AWM) advances the influence and impact of women in all forms of media.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting education and equity for women and girls with a network of more than 170,000 members.
- American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) brings together businesswomen through leadership, education, networking support, and national recognition.
- American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) empowers women to lead in improving health for all within a model that reflects the unique perspective of women.
- Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) is committed to inspire, encourage, and enable women surgeons to realize their professional and personal goals.
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS) is dedicated to achieving equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics, engineering and technology.
- Federally Employed Women (FEW) is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting equality for women and addressing concerns of women in the Federal workforce.
- International Association of Women (IAW) is a networking platform that provides women with the forum, education, and services to thrive in an interconnected world.
- National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) provides resources and services through education, networking, and public advocacy to empower its members to achieve career success.
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) is an international association that promotes the advancement and employment of women in the construction industry.
- National Women’s Studies Association (NWSA) leads the field of women’s studies in educational and social transformation.
- Women in Technology International (WITI) empowers women worldwide through technology, leadership and economic prosperity.
Veterans Service Organizationsplus or minus
- Washington, DC and the US Department of Veterans Affairs- Information on Veterans' benefits and health care.
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations— Online directory of Veterans' service organizations.
- NationalService.gov— List of links to organizations and programs serving veterans and military families.
Online Search Engines & Scholarship Programs Informationplus or minusSearch Engines
- Aid & Resources For Re-Entry Students - a resource for students who are looking to return to college.
- Fastweb – Create a profile and let fastweb do the research on scholarships, internships colleges and more for you.
- CashCourse – Information that helps college students stay financially informed.
- Common Knowledge Scholarship Foundation – Educational and scholarship opportunities for students of all levels.
- Scholarships.com– A free college scholarship search and financial aid information.
- Scholarship America – Provides information and resources for your scholarship search
- Chegg – A place to connect with scholarships and learn about colleges.
- FinAid: The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid scholarships- source of student financial aid information, advice and tools -- on or off the web.
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help - IEFA is the premier resource for college scholarship and grant information for students wishing to study abroad. You'll find the most comprehensive college scholarship search and grant listings.
- Gates Millennium Scholars – Provides outstanding low income African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American, and Hispanic American students with an opportunity to complete an undergraduate college education in any discipline they choose.
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund – The nation’s largest non-profit organization devoted to providing college scholarships for Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI).
- Dell Scholars Program – Recognizes academic potential and determination in students that have a definite need for financial assistance.
- UNCF (United Negro College Fund)– Awards 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board.
- Reagan Foundation Scholarships - Scholarship opportunities for outstanding student leaders.
- GE and LuLac Scholarship Funds- LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) offers a variety of scholarships for high school seniors, undergraduate & graduate college students through our educational arm, the LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. (LNESC).
- Microsoft Scholarship Program - Offer a variety of scholarship programs, internships and full-time opportunities.
- INROADS- Offer internships opportunities to students with Major or Career Interest in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering (STEM), Software Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science/MIS, Healthcare, Retail Management and Liberal Arts
- Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities - The College Center for Research and Fellowships (CCRF) supports students as they pursue transformative experiences through scholarly undergraduate research and nationally competitive fellowships.