We offer Student Staff and Internship positions, Volunteering and Service Learning Hours Opportunities!
Internships are offered to students seeking course credit for their work with the Multicultural Center. The goals of the internship program include helping student interns:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the mission and learning outcomes of the Cross Cultural Centers. As well as becoming familiar with programming initiatives and resources the centers offer to our campus community.
- Practice and further develop skills: communication (verbal & written), event planning, presentation, facilitation of intergroup dialogues, leadership, and organization and project management skills.
- Apply knowledge learned in courses to the work we do and in doing so supporting the mission of the Multicultural Center to:
- Promote intercultural learning and celebrates and honors diversity to foster an inclusive community on our campus
- Engage students in the development of knowledge, awareness, and skills about multiculturalism, cultural competence, and advocacy for marginalized populations
Interns tend to work about 10 hours per week. They serve as full members of the staff, attending staff meetings, leading at least one project, and participating in the planning and implementing of other events and programs offered by the Multicultural Center.
We will be accepting applications for Fall 2020 later in the Spring semester. Please complete the Student Staff Application (linked above) and email it to email@example.com no later than 12pm on May 15th if interested. Interviews will be scheduled upon receipt of your application.
The Work Study program under the Multicultural Center offered to students who qualify for federal work study aid and are looking to obtain skills they can apply in a future career.
Work Study students should expect to work about 10 hours a week on average, including some nights and weekends for special events. Work Study staff are charged with planning and implementing projects and events, maintaining a welcoming office space, completing general office tasks, engaging in research about events and programs to further our mission, focusing on their own development through research and reading, and serving as ambassadors of the Cross Cultural Centers in all that they do.
Please note: MC staff meetings occur on a weekly basis on a Monday or Wednesday afternoon. Please indicate your availability on these afternoons in your application.
Volunteering and Service Learning:
Volunteers provide necessary insight and enthusiasm at the MC! Each semester, the MC utilizes volunteers and those seeking Service Learning hours to help research, plan, and staff events that further our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Just want to stay connected with the Multicultural Center? Email email@example.com to be on our email list about events, programs, opportunities to get involved, and much more!