You need to have approval of your room before booking food service for your event.  The University has an exclusive contract with ARAMARK to provide food service on campus.  Outside caterers are not permitted.  Please contact the Catering Department at (570) 941-6328 at least five working days prior to your function date.  If food service is being charged to a University budget, a Food Service Request form needs to be submitted.

In accordance with The University of Scranton's Policy on Alcohol and Illegal Drugs, all groups requesting alcohol need to complete a Registration Form for Events Where Alcohol Will Be Served. Forms can be obtained from the Office of Student Affairs. Signatures of the moderator, appropriate University vice president and Director of Public Safety/Chief of Police must be obtained. ARAMARK TIPS trained bartenders will serve all alcohol.


IT can provide a variety of audiovisual equipment to support events on a first-come, first-served basis. Typically, IT can supply flat panel displays, DVD players as well as portable video projectors and laptop computers. Other equipment may also be available.

To request service please use the online form available through the OIT Equipment Request Form. This form can be found through the University Links page of our My.Scranton website. Your equipment request will be processed and a confirmation will follow by e-mail or phone. To contact the Technology Support Center, please call (570) 941-4357. There is a 24-hour reservation policy for all requests.

Academic and Media Services

AMS primary responsibilities are to support classroom technology and its operation. This includes the installation, maintenance and training in the use of all of our classroom technologies across campus.

AMS also provides technical AV support for academic events such as Lectures, Open Houses and Commencement activities. This team also attends to liturgical Events like Masses, Prayer Services, and outreach from our Campus Ministry office.  

AMS provides technical support for Advancement related events and those events, which are initiated by our Conferencing and Events staff.

A request for these services should be made by contacting the Technology Support Center at (570) 941-9357 or an AMS engineer.        

Sound Systems

Portable sound systems are available by AMS. There are a limited number of systems available. These systems are designed for spoken word and background music reinforcement. They are not applicable for large assemblies (200 people for spoken word). If a larger system is needed, AMS will coordinate with a vendor to provide what is needed.

Fixed sound systems are available for use in the Byron Complex, Long Center, Collegiate Hall (Redington Hall), DeNaples Center, Brennan Hall, Edward Leahy Hall, and the Quinn Athletic Fields. Each of these systems employ basic, user-friendly attributes such as a microphone and sound from the computer or other source. If more in depth assistance is needed, Academic and Media Services must be contacted to determine user needs prior to the venues use.


Permits are required for parking on campus. Arrangements and fee information can be obtained from Parking Services, Parking and Public Safety Pavilion, (570) 941-7876.

During the initial event planning stage, Parking Services in Public Safety, (570) 941-7879, must be contacted before inviting guests to campus. Due to the limited parking situation, the University is not able to support campus parking for events. Do not advise attendees to park on campus unless you have received advance approval and parking permits from Parking Services. Participants may be required to use metered parking on streets surrounding campus.


Event set ups that require maintenance or custodial personnel must be requested through a work order submission to the Facilities Operations office. Work order requests are submitted online through, Employees, Employee Links, Facilities Management, Create/Review Work Order.  Requests must be submitted to Facilities Operations at least seven (7) working days prior to the event so that the appropriate arrangements for support can be scheduled. For additional information contact Facilities Operations at (570) 941-7416.

         Electrical Power

Special electrical power requirements for events requiring equipment must be coordinated through Facilities Operations. The requestor will be responsible for any expenses associated with providing special electrical service to their event.

Tables and Chairs

The University has a limited number of folding tables and chairs available for events. Each room description in this handbook lists the amount of tables and chairs available at each location. If additional tables/chairs are needed, then the requestor is responsible for ordering, coordinating delivery and covering expenses.


Permission for use of the Byron Complex, Retreat Center and Madonna della Strada Chapel pianos must be obtained from University Ministries, (570) 941-7419 at least two weeks in advance.

If the requesting group desires a the piano to be tuned, the tuning work MUST be done by Mr. Joseph D'Alessandro, (570) 655-0414. Requestors must call Mr. D'Alessandro in advance to schedule tuning and will be billed for the cost of the tuning.

At no time should any items be placed on the pianos. This includes metronomes, books, coats and other items except for sheet music on the instrument’s music rest. Equipment such as music stands, risers and metronomes are not provided. Requestors must supply their own items or contact University Ministries to investigate the possibility of a limited loan of such equipment.

No piano may be moved to any other hall or performance space other than the space in which it is located. Only University maintenance personnel are authorized to move or shift pianos in order to protect the instrument. Requestors should specify piano position on a work order diagram. No piano will be moved to another room or to any other floor level within the building.

Pianos must be closed and re-covered at the end of each use. All lids should be closed and keyboards covered.


The Printing Services Office can help University and University-related groups design and print meeting flyers, brochures, and programs as well as copy handouts and meeting notes. Routine copying of up to 1,000 black-ink, 8 ½" x 11" copies can be done while you wait at Printing Services. Brochures and programs that must be designed should be planned well in advance. Please call (570) 941-4198 as soon as possible to begin your printing projects.

Payment for printing services can be made through any University department or agency account, via the Royal Card Account program, or by cash or check.


Arrangements for fire and Public Safety personnel and City permits must be made by the requestor with the Director of Public Safety/Chief of Police or the designated representative, Parking and Public Safety Pavilion (570-941-7888). The type of function, number of people involved and other factors influencing the situation or event determines public safety/fire protection needs. The Director of Public Safety/Chief of Police will determine the costs of these services. Requests should be made two weeks prior to the event.

SMOKING in University buildings is not permitted.


The Technology Support Center can help with any telephone requests that you may have in rooms available for reservation.  Some rooms already have active telephone lines and a telephone instrument available for use.  In rooms where only a telephone line may be available, please contact the Technology Support Center at (570) 941-4357 or email for requests to borrow a telephone instrument or conference phone.  Requests should be made at least three business days in advance.  All telephone lines in public areas and rooms available for reservation are restricted to local or toll free calling.  Should you have any other questions or special requests, please feel free to contact our office Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 4:00PM.
Scroll to Top