Easter Basket Drive - Feb 28 through April 3
Easter is the celebration of Christ's resurrection from the dead. It is celebrated on Sunday, and marks the end of Holy Week, the end of Lent, the last day of the Easter Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday), and is the beginning of the Easter season of the liturgical year.
All members of The University of Scranton community are invited to make an Easter Basket for a child in need (ages infants to 12), wrap it in cellophane and drop it off in Campus Ministries' Center for Service & Social Justice, 205B DeNaples, by the Friday prior to Easter break.
What should my basket contain?
The basket should contain
- A chocolate or white bunny
- Wrapped candies (no loose please) bag of jelly beans
- Toys (i.e., stuffed animal, car, crayons, books,etc)
- Age appropriate toys (such as animal crackers for babies, etc)
- Easter grass and be wrapped in a basket bag ($1 at the Dollar Store) or cellophane.
Suggested amount per basket is $25.
Baskets are donated to registered families at the annual Friends of the Poor Easter food giveaway.
The Center For Service And Social Justice
- Service Opportunities
- International Service Programs
- List of Community Agencies
- Social Justice Education / Programs
- Information for Students
- Information for Faculty / Community-Based Learning
- Information for Employees
- Information for Community Partners
- Post-Graduation Service
- Community Assistance/Resources
- About Us
- Mission and Ministry
- DeNaples Center 200
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-7419
- Fax: 570-941-4837