Past Theology News, Events, and Publications
Past News and Events
- Fall theology sponsored panel: Joy, What is it? Click here for more information.
- Patrick Clark discusses papal visit on local news
- Maria Johnson interviewed by Scranton's Times-Tribune
- Matthew Briel presents, "Gennadios Scholarios’ Thomistic Defense of Aristotle," at "Never the Twain Shall Meet: Latins and Greeks Learning from Each Other in Byzantium," in Stockholm, Sweden
- Michael G. Azar presents, "The Imprecision of 'Supersessionism': A Case Study in Origen," at the Seventeenth International Conference on Patristic Studies, Oxford, UK
- Will Cohen and Michael G. Azar participate in conference on planned Global Council of the Orthodox Church (keynote speaker, Met. Kallistos Ware; announcement here)
- Cyrus Olsen makes a guest appearance on the EDECMO Podcast
- Cyrus Olsen, "Interdependent & Vulnerable: Sustainability and Augustinian Theological Anthropology"
- Michael G. Azar, Exegeting the Jews: The Early Reception of the Johannine "Jews"
- Charles Pinches, Response to Jennifer Herdt's "Truthfulness and Continual Discomfort"
- Charles Pinches, Stories of Call: From Dramatic Phenomena to Changed Lives
- Patrick Clark, Perfection in Death: The Christological Dimension of Courage in Aquinas
- Marc Shapiro, Changing the Immutable: How Orthodox Judaism Rewrites Its History (reviewed here)
- Michael G. Azar, "Prophetic Matrix and Theological Paradox: Jews and Judaism in the Holy Week and Pascha Observances of the Greek Orthodox Church"
- Nathan Lefler, Theologizing Friendship: How Amicitia in the Thought of Aelred and Aquinas Inscribes the Scholastic Turn (used with permission of Wipf and Stock Publishers)
- The Hermeneutics of Tradition: Explorations and Examinations (coedited by Cyrus Olsen, with an essay from Will Cohen)