The DeNaples Center
The Fireplace Lounge, located on the 2nd floor of The DeNaples Center, exists as a shared lounge space for students, staff and faculty. The Fireplace Lounge encompasses the carpeted area and immediate hallway extending from the doors located off the Royal Way to the tiled area near the elevators. On a limited basis, this space may be reserved for small-scale programming by contacting the Student Engagement at (570) 941-6233. If approved Student Engagement staff will submit the event through the Non-Instructional Events System.
Policies and Procedures
- The space can only be reserved by University of Scranton students, staff or faculty.
- Reservations must be made at least 7 days in advance.
- Work orders and catering must be placed at least 7 days in advance by the individual/group reserving the space.
- Furniture cannot be removed from the space, nor can it be blocked for usage.
- Furniture to the left of the fireplace (when facing) can be reorganized, but must adhere to the guidelines set by the work order drawings below.
- Furniture to the right of the fireplace (near television) cannot be moved or rearranged.
- The posting of flyers/posters within the Fireplace Lounge is not permitted.
- Media (videos, music, etc.) must be kept at a moderate volume.
It is important to note that the Fireplace Lounge’s primary purpose is that of a lounge area. While the space is reservable, it is not a private space and is accessible to all during normal building hours. Questions regarding the policies above can be directed to Student Engagement at (570) 941-6233.
Building Code: TDC
Room Code: 202C
Room Arrangement Style
- Room Reservation Procedure
- Guidelines for Scheduling Use of Facilities
- Online Procedure
- Employee Use of Facilities
- Area Map
- Telephone Directory
600 Linden Street, 2nd Floor
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Public Relations
- 600 Linden Street, 2nd Floor
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-7952