Health Administration Society (HAS)
What is the Health Administration Society (HAS)?
- The Health Administration Society (HAS) is open to all students interested in health-related fields of study.
- A career in health administration will allow you to work on the business-side of healthcare.
- While we are not clinical, we work closely with clinicians to administer healthcare effectively.
- The HAS takes pride in:
- Serving the outer community
- Networking among one another
- Gaining an educational experience outside of the classroom
- Each year the HAS provides students with service learning opportunities, fundraising events, and social events.
- Once a year we also take a trip to a prominent medical center to learn about different business models in healthcare.
- Regular society meetings
- Halloween pumpkin fundraiser
- HAS clothing fundraiser
- Cookie fundraiser during parents weekend
- Street sweep team event
- Guest speakers from allied services / Geisinger discussing their careers
- Career service coming in for meeting for resume / linked in workshops