Preparing for Your Appointment
PCPS Academic Services advises all students throughout the course of their undergraduate study. You can schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by calling us at 570-941-6390, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stopping into our office located in McGurrin Hall, room 111.
To make the most of of your time with an advisor, please come prepared for your appointment!
- Print/bring CAPP report: Your CAPP report contains requirements to graduate in your major, as well as minors, concentrations and special programs. This is to be used as an advisement guide only in order to assist you in planning your schedule. You are responsible for making sure you are taking the correct classes in order to fulfill degree requirements to graduate on time.
- Map Courses Out: Use a four year curriculum planner (print this out) to create a semester-by-semester schedule. You should also have a back-up schedule in the event classes are not offered during a particular semester.
- Know your catalog: The Undergraduate catalog contains pertinent academic policies, general education requirements, and most importantly, courses for your major.
- Bring Questions to Your advisor: If you are having concerns about a particular class, talk to your advisor. If you are thinking about changing a class you already planned to take, let your advisor know so we can update your file. If you would like to add a minor or concentration, let us know so the appropriate paperwork can be submitted.
- Be on time for your appointment!
- About the College
- Dean's Office
- PCPS Departments
- Programs of Study
- Community Based Learning
- Leahy Community Health and Family Center
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699