We will facilitate the formation of students by developing
a more holistic and cohesive academic and co-curricular
learning experience that is marked by coordinated
residential, social and athletic activities and by strong
and integrated spiritual, career, and other academic and
student support services.
- Establish vibrant residential learning communities that promote the academic, social, and personal learning and development of students.
- Facilitate coordinated learning, leadership and engagement opportunities beyond the classroom to form students who strive for excellence through thoughtful analysis and reflection.
- Strengthen and streamline academic advising and student support services, integrating access to these resources with career services and personal development offerings, to create a community of support that enables students’ individual success.
- Ensure that the necessary infrastructure for our athletic programs is developed, supporting our varsity student athletes, as well as students who participate in recreational and intramural sports activities.
We will integrate the use of transformative pedagogies
across the curriculum to promote student engagement
through the synthesis of knowledge in its many forms,
collaboration with others in the development of
understanding, and reflection on questions of meaning.
- Engage students in learning in all areas of human knowledge, being challenged to think critically and rigorously about the nature of information, via a range of coursework in general education, their major, and related co-curricular activities.
- Support and recognize faculty creativity, exploration, and innovation in teaching.
- Leverage existing technologies and invest in connective technologies that support student learning and transformative pedagogy.
- Encourage faculty to model reflection on questions of meaning and to engage students in applying disciplinary research methods to campus and community problems, actively connecting academic inquiry with social issues.
We will embrace the shared joy of discovering and
communicating knowledge and will value rigorous
participation in academic inquiry as an integral part of
the search for truth.
- Support and invest in our students’ progressive participation in scholarly research conversations, from observers and apprentices to contributors and creators of knowledge.
- Support faculty research in all disciplines with robust access to scholarly information, tools, and resources, and examining the processes by which knowledge is created, shared, evaluated, and revised.
- Promote partnerships with other Jesuit colleges and universities to increase opportunities for faculty and students to interact and collaborate with researchers across the country and around the world.
We will use input from our faculty, our students, and
those who support them to encourage the development
of new mission-driven and market sensitive programs
- Implement a more comprehensive approach to reviewing current programs by linking academic program reviews with financial and market analyses.
- Develop outstanding undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs in carefully selected areas to be delivered with the best technological support.
- Create, where appropriate, innovative graduate programs that integrate seamlessly with undergraduate education.
- Provide life-long learning opportunities to our alumni and other adult populations, especially the underserved, in keeping with the University’s mission.
We will embrace an integrated approach to the
improvement of student learning and formation.
- Implement a comprehensive plan for the assessment of student learning at all levels, encouraging faculty and those supporting the learning process to develop assessment activities that deepen learning and contribute to student formation.
- Invite and inspire students to reflect upon and assess their own learning and development, empowering them to observe, participate, and delight in their own transformation.
- Conduct community-driven assessment, reflecting as a group on the state and progress of the University as a whole.