Guidelines for Using the C-NIP
The Cooper – Norcross Inventory of Preferences (C-NIP) is available free of charge for research and clinical purposes. It is licensed under the Creative Commons 4.0 International.
Before using the C-NIP, please:
- consult the original journal article (Cooper & Norcross, 2015) describing the measure’s development, utilization, and limitations
- note that it may not be sold or used for any profit-making purposes
- share the results of your research and/or clinical use with the original authors
C-NIP Translation Guidelines
- The original source (Cooper & Norcross, 2015) and the subsequent development article (Cooper, Norcross, et al., 2019) are cited in any paper or electronic version of the translated measures.
- The person/team responsible for the translation should be identified on the translated form.
- The translation from the English version is developed and tested in a rigorous way, including verification through back translation.
- The translated measure, once validated, is made freely available for use and is not used for profit-making purposes.
- The translated measure is made freely available for online completion at www.c-nip.net/
- The original authors (Mick Cooper & John Norcross) are sent a copy of the final version of the translated measure and any publications emerging from it.
- The translation team maintains periodic email contact with the authors of the C-NIP to learn about its improvements and developments.