Graduation Announcements Information
Members of the Graduating Class,
Congratulations on your pending graduation. I want to explain briefly how the University's Public Relations Office sends graduation announcements to local newspapers.
In May, the University will graduate about 1,500 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree recipients. The Public Relations Office will distribute the names of those graduates in announcements to 850 newspapers around the country. Our news announcement will consist of a brief article about the ceremony and a list of the names and hometowns of all graduates from the county(s) the newspaper serves.
Unfortunately because we need to get information out about all of our graduates, we are not able to do longer stories on individual students. I want to encourage you, or your parents, however, to contact the editor of your local newspaper directly if you wish to have a longer graduation story appear in your hometown paper or if you wish to submit a graduation photograph.
Most smaller daily and nearly all weekly newspapers routinely publish photographs and longer stories about graduates from their circulation area. I encourage you to call the editor of your local paper to learn more about the newspaper's policies and procedures and to make arrangements to submit your story and/or photograph.
If you have any questions, please call the Public Relations Office at (570) 941-7669.
Thank you, and best of luck in these final months before graduation.
Director of News and Media Relations
- Registrar's Office
- Catalogs, Courses, & Academic Programs
- Course Search by Term
Timetable & Term Pins
Preparing to Register
Accessing Online Course Schedule
Classroom Building Key
Students in Combined Baccalaureate/Masters Programs
For Students Studying Abroad
Accessing Web Registration
Billing & Refund Information
Block Schedule Planner
- Transcript, Grade Report & Enrollment Verification
- Academic Calendars
- Final Exam & Inclement Weather/Compressed Schedule
- Graduation & Commencement
- Access Your CAPP on-line Planning Tool
- Access Your Class Schedule
- Access Your Grades
- Access Your my.scranton self-service
- Access Your Student Advisor Profile
- Apply for Faculty Student Research Program
- Apply for Student Faculty Teaching Mentorship Program
- Apply to Graduate
- Calculate Your GPA
- Calculate Your Pace for SAP
- Grant 3rd Party Access to your Info
- Prohibit Disclosure of Student Directory Information
- Faculty/Staff Resources
Institutional Consumer Info
Veterans Enrollment Certifications & Info
- Student Resources
- Address mail to:
Office of the Registrar &
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4684
- FedEx, UPS and DHL packages use:
302 Jefferson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510-4684