Accessing Web Registration
When you are ready to register by web, do the following:
- Log into http://my.scranton.edu using your University username and password.
- Click the Student tab.
- Under Registration Tools, click Add or Drop Classes link.
- On the Select Term screen, select a registration term from the drop-down box and click on the Submit button.
- In the Alternate PIN box, enter your six-digit registration term PIN issued by your advisor and click on the Submit button to arrive at the Add/Drop Classes screen.
- On the Add/Drop Classes screen, you can do the following:
- Add course sections by entering the CRN for each class on the “Add Classes Worksheet" and clicking on the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the screen.
- Add sections by clicking on the Class Search button, then click on the Course Search or Advanced Search button, select your course and then click on either the Add to Worksheet or Register buttons at the bottom of the screen. (You can search for open classes by subject, course number, day, time or instructor, etc.)
- Clear the worksheet without confirming the courses by clicking on the Reset button.
- Clear registration errors by clicking on the Return to Menu link to return to the Registration menu and then click on the Add/Drop Classes link to return to the worksheet page.
- Drop registered courses by selecting DROP on Web from the drop-down box in the Action column and clicking on the Submit Changes button.
- Critical Step: Once you have entered all of your CRN’s on the Add/Drop Classes screen, click on the Submit Changes button one last time to confirm your registration. After confirming your registration, your schedule and any registration errors that may have occurred during the verification process will display. You may then continue to add or drop classes, print your registration, search for open classes, return to the previous menu or log out of the system.
- To ensure the privacy and security of your information, remember to click on the Logout button to disconnect from Self Service UIS and the My.Scranton portal.
View or Print Your Schedule
Access your schedule through the University intranet portal at http://my.scranton.edu. Log in using your University of Scranton username and password. Then do the following:
- Click the Home tab
- Click the Student Services and Financial Aid Info tab
- Click the Registration link
- Click the Student Schedule or Student Detail Schedule link
If you incur messages such as “Reserved Closed,” “Class Restriction”, “Major Restriction” or "Field of Study" during the registration process, please keep the following in mind:
- Seats may be reserved for particular majors that require a particular course.
- The curriculum may suggest or require that priority be given to a particular class year for a course.
- If seats remain open 7-10 days after final registration time, courses may be made available to all students either through web registration or your dean’s office/advising center.
- Contact your dean’s office or advising center for assistance if you have difficulty registering for courses that will keep you on track in your academic program.
- Some courses are set up as “co-requisites,” meaning you have to register for both of them at the same time. Be sure to add them both to your web registration before you submit them.
- Some courses have pre-requisites and will not allow you to register if you have not successfully completed the pre-requisite and are not registered for it in the current term.