Preparing to Register
Follow instructions issued to you by the College of Graduate and Continuing Education. The first day to register for Intersession and Spring 2014 is October 25, 2013.
Follow Instructions Below:
To prepare to register for undergraduate courses for Intersession and Spring 2014, obtain your latest curriculum and program-planning (CAPP) report and registration forms and make an appointment with your academic advisor or advising center.
Your CAPP report and registration forms will be available for pick up beginning September 18, 2013, in the following locations:
- Adult undergraduate students advised by CGCE (formerly DHC): Please pick up your CAPP report and registration packet in the CGCE Office of Student Services and Advising in O'Hara Hall 201. See additional registration information.
- PCPS students: Please pick up your CAPP report and registration forms in the PCPS Advising Center in Loyola Hall(old), Room 308 and sign up for an individual advising appointment.
- KSOM students: Please pick up your CAPP report and registration forms in the KSOM Advising Center in BRN 206 and sign up for an individual advising appointment.
- CAS Freshmen: The CAS Advising Center will contact you via University email when it is time to pick up your CAPP, registration appointment letter and registration materials. The CAS Advising Center is now located in STT 209.
- CAS sophomores, juniors and seniors with declared majors: Please pick up your CAPP report and registration forms in the Registrar's Office in STT 301. You will be advised by a faculty member in your department. Contact your departmental advisor regarding advising procedures for registration. If you do not know who your advisor is, complete the steps below. If you do not receive a response from your advisor, please email Mrs. Butler and/or Dean Germeroth in the Dean's Office.
- Log into My.Scranton
- From the "Home" tab, click "Self Service"
- Click "Student and Financial Aid"
- Click "Student Records"
- Click "View Student Information"
- CAS Exploratory and Goal Attainment students: You will be advised by the staff in the CAS Advising Center,STT 209. Please contact your advisor to make an appointment.
- Review your CAPP report to identify courses for which you next need to register for your program of study. Remember to refer to your University catalog for program requirements and course descriptions, as well as pre- and co-requisites, other restrictions, tuition and course fees.
- Next, search for available sections of those courses for the upcoming registration terms by accessing the online course schedule. Instructions can be found here.
- After completing your course section search, fill out your registration forms and worksheets to take to your advising appointment.
- Keep your advising appointment. At your advising session, get your registration term PIN from your advisor and note your initial registration date and time.
- Verify your University of Scranton username and password prior to your initial registration appointment. If you have trouble logging into the My.Scranton portal, call the Technology Support Center at 941-4357.
- Clear any financial holds you may have with the Bursar, Library, Student Affairs, Network Resources or Public Safety. You will not be allowed to register if there is a hold on your record.