Financial Aid, Veteran’s Benefits and ROTC Scholarships
2016-2017 Academic Year
- KNOW THE FINANCIAL AID POLICIES
- DID YOU KNOW…..The U.S. Department of Education requires educational institutions measure students’ progress toward a declared educational objective. Please review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements for receipt of Financial Aid in our Comprehensive Guide to Financial Aid Programs. You are required to be aware of our Policies and Procedures.
- FINAL REQUEST LETTERS FOR OUTSTANDING DOCUMENTS…….Students should review their Financial Aid Status on the Self-Service system and complete and/or submit any outstanding documents that are still required. This includes completing the Electronic Master Promissory Note and Electronic Loan Counseling for Loans. Students who do not submit documents will receive cancellation of aid notices and still have an outstanding balance on their student account, will be put on HOLD for Registration by the Bursar’s Office.
- Students who did not file a FAFSA for 2016-2017 to obtain a Federal Direct Loan, can still complete the FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.gov.
- Alternative Loan Processing -- Federal regulations are requiring lenders who offer Educational Alternative Loans to follow extensive requirements. These requirements could delay the receipt of Alternative Loan approvals and disbursements for at least 30 days. Please plan accordingly so these delays do not interfere with registration.
Graduating students who have borrowed under any of the Federal Student Loan Programs will be required to complete Exit Loan Counseling. You can complete this requirement and learn valuable information about loan repayment and deferments at the Federal Student Loan website. Click on Exit Counseling.
2017-2018 Academic Year
- 2017-2018 University financial aid renewal information was emailed to students’ University email accounts in January. Anyone wishing to be considered for need-based grants, loans and work-study must complete all required financial aid applications each year.
- Students who filed for federal aid for 2016-2017 will also receive a renewal notification from the Department of Education.
This notification will be sent to the email listed on the previous Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Remember, all need-based aid recipients must apply for financial aid every year and meet the financial aid academic progress policy requirements outlined in our Comprehensive Guide to Financial Aid Programs found on the website. The deadline for filing for 2017-2018 aid is April 15, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will be considered for University aid on a funds-available basis.
- Aid eligibility for returning students will be determined after Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress is reviewed following the spring 2017 semester and all required documents have beensubmitted to our office. Financial Aid notification emails are sent to the University of Scranton email.
- Registrar's Office
- Catalogs, Courses, & Academic Programs
- Course Search by Term
Timetable & Term Pins
Preparing to Register
Accessing Online Course Schedule
Classroom Building Key
Students in Combined Baccalaureate/Masters Programs
For Students Studying Abroad
Accessing Web Registration
Billing & Refund Information
Financial Aid, Veterans Education Benefits, and ROTC Scholarships
Block Schedule Planner
- Transcript, Grade Report & Diploma Information
- Academic Calendars
- Final Exam & Inclement Weather/Compressed Schedule
- Graduation & Commencement
Requesting Enrollment & Degree Verification
How to for Students
- Access Your CAPP on-line Planning Tool
- Access Your Class Schedule
- Classroom Building Key
- Access Your Grades
- Access Your Unofficial Transcript
- Access Your my.scranton self-service
- Grant 3rd Party Access to your Info
- Calculate Your GPA
- Calculate Your Pace for SAP
- Apply for Faculty Student Research Program
- Apply for Student Faculty Teaching Mentorship Program
- Info for Faculty & Staff
Institutional Consumer Info
Veterans Enrollment Certifications & Info
- Requesting Enrollment & Degree Verification
- Address mail to:
Office of the Registrar &
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4684
- FedEx, UPS and DHL packages use:
302 Jefferson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510-4684