In addition to providing call-in (570-941-4357) and email (email@example.com) support, and entering a ticket in Royal IT Support via the My Scranton portal, the Technology Support Center offers the ability to schedule an appointment to ensure safety in providing in-person services.
A Royal Card Online Photo submission process has been launched for all incoming students and new employees.
This new process allows students and employees to upload a passport style picture and submit it online to have the Technology Support Center (TSC) print it on their Royal Card. For more information, visit here.
On-Site Computer Equipment TroubleshootingIn providing on-site (office, classroom, event) troubleshooting, repairs and assistance, IT staff members will adhere to the following protocol:
- Determine if the service can be performed remotely.
- Request the faculty/staff to clean their equipment prior to the scheduled appointment or classroom visit.
- The IT staff member and faculty/staff requesting the service will wear face covering.
- The IT staff member will request the individual to maintain social distancing.
- If the equipment is in a small area, such as an individual office, the individual should leave.
- If the request is made during class time, the faculty member should maintain social distancing.
- If the request is in a classroom or common space, the service should be performed when the area is at minimal occupancy.
- If possible, IT staff members may use their own support device (mouse, keyboard).
- The IT staff member will wipe the outer surface of the device, ensuring the minimum contact time is met.
- The IT staff person will take precautions to not contact other surfaces in the area.
- After the service activity is completed, the IT staff person will immediately sanitize their hands, or proceed directly to a restroom to wash their hands.