General Housing InformationFace Coverings in Residence Halls
- Face coverings are not required when students are in their assigned residence (room,suite, or apartment) and the only other person(s) present is their assigned roommate(s). Residents in apartments are permitted to remove face coverings within other areas of their apartment so long as only residents who share the apartment are present.
- Given that students may not know if they can maintain social distancing, face coverings are required any time students leave their residence, including going to building common spaces or bathrooms.
Residence Hall Bathrooms
- In buildings with multiple community bathrooms on a floor, students will be assigned a specific bathroom for their use, and limited occupancy in the bathroom spaces will be implemented.
- Increased cleaning procedures will be in place for all community bathrooms during the fall semester, which may mean the bathroom is closed during certain parts of the day.
- In-room custodial services (trash removal and vacuuming) in first year and sophomore residences will be paused this semester. Students will be given instructions on trash disposal at the beginning of the semester by their Resident Assistants.
Residence Hall Guests
In order to limit community spread, it is necessary to limit contact between people in close quarters. Accordingly, no non-University guests and no overnight guests will be allowed in residence halls during the fall semester.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the precautions regarding international students and those from CDC designated states?
- Students from international locations or from designated states must complete a 14-day quarantine in Pennsylvania prior to their arrival on campus or must quarantine in their residence hall room or private residence.
- Students are encouraged to complete their quarantine with family or friends. In the event that they are unable to do so, students are asked to contact the Office of Residence Life to confirm a quarantine plan.
- The Office of Residence Life will contact impacted students to determine their plans.