Housing for Students Requiring Isolation/Quarantine
Student Health Services will evaluate and provide preliminary treatment for symptomatic students. Symptomatic students or students who have been exposed to COVID-19 will be required to either isolate or quarantine depending on individual circumstances and in accordance with the guidelines established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
- Students who are in isolation/quarantine will be required to return home if it is safe to do so.
- Students will be required to remain in an assigned temporary room until a ride is arranged to depart campus.
- If a student cannot return home, they may remain in a temporary housing assignment for the duration of their isolation/quarantine.
- Student Health Services staff will provide students with immediate access to designated isolation/quarantine rooms in consultation with the Office of Residence Life.
- Each space will provide students with a desk, a bed, and bathroom. Students in quarantine will not share bathrooms or other living space in isolation/quarantine housing. Students in isolation are allowed to share a bathroom with another student in isolation.
- These rooms will be located in wings of residence halls that are otherwise unoccupied or in smaller buildings that are not in use for housing of the student body.
- In certain circumstances, temporary housing may be located off campus.
- University staff will assist affected students in obtaining necessary personal belongings and meals while they live in isolation/quarantine housing.
- If a student remains in temporary housing for more than three days, laundry service will be arranged.
- Upon departure, Facilities Operations staff will clean the rooms consistent with guidance from the CDC and PA DOH.
- The University initiates Covid-19 Parent Call Center, Sept. 2, 2020
- A Safe, Healthy Campus
- Academic Affairs
- University Mission & Ministry
- Student Life
- University Dining
- High Risk Populations
- University Events & Meetings
- Guidelines for University Travel
- Campus Communications
- Technology Support
- Responding to a Resurgence of COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Website
Contact Us800 Linden Street