Other Course Types
Students enrolled in laboratory courses must follow all posted requirements for social distancing and personal protective equipment.
Off-Campus Clinical Coursework
Undergraduate, graduate and graduate clinical coursework in off-campus locations will be permitted with the cooperation and permission of external partners. Clinical instruction must be conducted in compliance with Pennsylvania’s guidance for “Medical, Nursing, and Allied Health Training Programs and Testing”.
Off-Campus Internships and Community-Based Learning
- In-person internships at off-campus locations are not permitted.
- Students are encouraged to identify virtual internship opportunities in cooperation with their academic advisor and with the Roche Center for Career Development.
- In addition to the University Royals Safe Together Plan, students on programmatic clinicals or internships are required to follow the guidelines established by the site. Many sites impose health and safety requirements in addition to those required by the University Plan. Students are responsible for adhering to all site-specific protocols, such as PPE equipment, required vaccinations, medical examinations, and COVID testing. Students shall be responsible for the costs of these requirements unless otherwise agreed to by the site and University.
- To mitigate the risk of community spread, community-based learning (CBL) activities in a face-to-face format at off-campus agencies are not permitted.
- The CBL component of an academic course can continue remotely, including as part of community-based programs conducted virtually and/or research or project-based activities undertaken with a partner community agency in ways that continue to meet both student learning goals and community-defined needs.
- A Safe, Healthy Campus
- Academic Affairs
- University Mission & Ministry
- Student Life
- University Dining
- High Risk Populations
- University Events & Meetings
- Guidelines for University Travel
- Campus Communications
- Technology Support
- Responding to a Resurgence of COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Website
Contact Us800 Linden Street