University Events & Meetings
Events on Campus
- Because of increased social distancing in classrooms, the University has prioritized the use of all campus facilities to support student instruction and other essential needs. As a result, in-person, indoor campus events are prohibited in the fall semester with the exception of events that are core to the University’s mission, such as liturgy, admissions and Commencement.
- Academic, social, spiritual and developmental events for the campus community can take place in exterior spaces so long as social distancing guidelines are strictly followed.
- Virtual events can be scheduled using Zoom.
- For University-sponsored events with over 300 participants, a Zoom webinar license can be obtained from Information Technology.
- The use of a Zoom webinar will include training and rehearsal with the professional assistance of the Information Technology staff.
- Events requiring Information Technology support must be requested at least two weeks in advance using a Request for Event Technology Support in the Royal IT Support of the My.Scranton portal.
- In order to encourage social distancing and to preserve campus space for mission-critical functions, in-person meetings, including committee and departmental gatherings, are strongly discouraged throughout the fall semester.
- Meetings should take place virtually – e.g. teleconference for small meetings of 2-3 people and Zoom for larger gatherings.
- A Safe, Healthy Campus
- Academic Affairs
- University Mission & Ministry
- Student Life
- University Dining
- High Risk Populations
- University Events & Meetings
- Guidelines for University Travel
- Campus Communications
- Technology Support
- Responding to a Resurgence of COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 Website
Contact Us800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510