Scranton's Annual Day of Giving
When you make your 5.06 gift, we’ll send you a University of Scranton pennant as a token of our appreciation of your continued support!
- Opening Doors Scholarship: Founded by the current Board of Trustees, this scholarship allows students from the Cristo Rey Network of High Schools to attend the University at no cost. Board Chair, Jim Slattery ’86 has offered to match the first $50,000 donated to the scholarship. Click here to ‘open the door’ to Scranton for Cristo Rey students.
- Athletics Team Challenge: Join coaches, parents, friends and student athletes as they compete to win an additional $2,500 for their team by achieving the most donors by midnight on 5.06! Click here to support your team!
- Sara Farrell Hutchison ’08 Memorial Scholarship: Marian Farrell Ph.D., Professor of Nursing, is offering to match each dollar raised, up to $25,000, to the scholarship she initiated in her daughter's memory. Click here to make your gift to Sara’s scholarship.
To add your team name and print your bib, click here. Edit the PDF to reflect your team name (or leave it blank if you're participating on your own) and wear it as you exercise from home anytime, in any way, between Saturday, 4.30 and Thursday, 5.06.
When you do, take a picture and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org and share it on your social media channels using the hashtags #TGI506 and #GiveToScrantON506. Encourage your friends to join you by sharing the link: Scranton.edu/506.
- Open Doors Scholarship Fund: Founded by the current Board of Trustees, this scholarship allows students from the Cristo Rey Network of High Schools to attend the University at no cost.
- Sara Farrell Hutchison '08 Memorial Scholarship: Dr. Marian Farrell Ph.D., Professor of Nursing, will match each dollar raised up to $25,000 for the scholarship she initiated in her daughter's memory.
- Arrupe House: CSSJ: Pat Vacarro and her team at the Center for Service & Social Justice continue to aid our students and community at the new Arrupe House on Mulberry Street.
- THR1VE: Launched in 2019 by the Center for Student Engagement, THR1VE supports students who identify as first-generation college students.
- In Memory of Dr. Beidler: Faculty members from the Computing Sciences Department joined together for the Virtual 5.06K to honor Dr. Beidler's legacy at the University.
- Athletics Team Challenge: Join coaches and student athletes as they compete to win $5,000 in additional gifts for their team by collecting the most donors by the end of 5.06!