Frances M Kovaleski is the Register of Wills and Clerk of Orphans’ Court of Lackawanna County. I am presently in my third year of my first term in office. Previous to being elected to office, I served as Deputy Register of Wills/Clerk of Orphans’ Court for 19 years. I serve on the Executive and Legislative Committees of the Pennsylvania Association of Registers/ Clerks. I will be hosting elected officials from all 67 counties from the Association this summer for a weeklong conference here in Scranton.
I am active in many community associations listed below:
1. Delegate for Al Gore in 2000, traveling Los Angeles for the Democratic Convention.
2. Lackawanna County Federation of Democratic Women Executive Committee 2002-2004
3. LCFDW Woman of the Year Award in tribute for exemplary service furthering democratic women’s initiatives. 2006
4. Past President of St Joseph’s Center Auxiliary 2003 and Past Board member 1999-2005
5. Founding member Society of Irish Women, Past President, and currently Executive Board Member
6. PASCO (Pennsylvania Association State County Officials)
7. Current Vice President and current Board Member of Goodwill Industries
8. Shamrock Heart Foundation
Along with many other community organizations.