Magis | Descernment | Contemplatio Ad Amorem | Cura Personalis
Freshman Year—Information & Knowledge
Our Jesuit-Catholic identidy is the cornerstone of our lives at the University of Scranton. T.A.P.E.S.T.R.Y is a four year professional development program, with the first year focusing on the "Magis" by providing you with information and knowledge in order to help you excel in academics that includes your "head, heart, and hands" in the Jesuit tradition. Please note....All requirements and activities must be completed by the end of first year.
During your Freshman Year (Magis) you will be required to complete the following:
- Mandatory Meeting/Lecture:“The Purpose of a Jesuit Education in the Helping Professions”
- Ignatian Values in Action Lecture -OR- Conference on disABILITY lecture
- Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence (CTLE): Introduction Workshop
- Academic Service Learning: T.A.P.E.S.T.R.Y. Program
- Academic Advising Services include:
- CTLE writing center requirement-Writing Requirement:All Students will meet with a writing consultant from the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) at the Writing Center for evaluation of paper. Click here to set up an appointment.
- Group advising sessions
- Departmental Requirements (See link below)
Department Activities TBD: ( Links to each department activity will be added below)
- Your Academic Program: Choose your academic program below for more information on Department Mandated Activities.
- Community Health Education
- Counseling & Human Services
- Exercise Science
- Health Administration
- Human Resouces
- Occupational Therapy