Preventing Crime in the Residence Hall
It's up to you!
Preventing crime in residence halls is as simple as closing a door. Universities want college students to be comfortable in their residence halls but often, with comfort comes complacency. By practicing a few simple safeguards, crime in residence halls can be decreased. Here are a few helpful hints for residence hall safety.
Crime in residence halls is usually crime of opportunity. If you remove opportunity, you substantially lower the chance you will be a victim of crime!
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory