Welcome to The University of Scranton Police Department's website, a place where our community members can find information about our services as well as safety tips, crime alerts and links to other safety resources.
The University Police Department is the primary law enforcement authority at The University of Scranton. University Police Officers have full law enforcement powers, including the authority to make arrests for criminal violations on University property. University Police possess and exercise all the powers of a police officer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in and upon, and in the immediate and adjacent vicinity of, the property of The University of Scranton.Our department is operational 24 hours a day, seven days a week with 17 full time sworn Police Officers, 3 Service Officers, 4 Police Dispatchers, 30 Student Officers, and over 150 security cameras around the campus. University Police includes other departments such as Parking Services, Emergency Communications, and Environmental Health & Safety. These entities work in unison with each other to ensure that the University of Scranton enjoys the safest environment available for our students, faculty, and staff.
On March 30 2016, the PLEAC Commission voted unanimously to accredit The University of Scranton Police Department. Less than 1% of police agencies in Pennsylvania are PLEAC accredited, with University Police being 1 of only 6 private Colleges/Universities in PA meeting all 135 standards required for accreditation. It is a huge accomplishment for our department, and we look forward to serving and protecting our community through the delivery of a caring, competent, and professional police service while upholding the sanctity and integrity of the law and the institution that is The University of Scranton.
There are no Community Advisories at this time.
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- USPD Newsletter
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Student Officer Program
- 2015 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Emergency Response Desk Reference
- Emergency Response Plan
- Emergency Class Room Reference
- 2014 Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Driver Training
- Work Study Applications
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory
The University of Scranton
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- University Office of Student Conduct
- University Counseling Center
- Scranton Police Department
- PA State Police
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- PA Liquor Control Board
- Penndot Travel Conditions
- County Bus Schedules
- Iggy's Guide to COLTS Free Buss Service
- Megan's Law: Sex Offender Registry Information
- Run, Hide, Fight
- How to Survive an Active Shooter
- Department of Homeland Security "See Something, Say Something"
- National Terrorism Advisory System