Look for the 2018 Fitness Challenge in February 2018
- The Fitness Challenege is a 4-week program sponsored by The Center for Health Education and Wellness (CHEW) that will run in February 2018
- Students, staff and faculty are "Challenged" to exericse for 150 minutes per week (CDC Recommendation for adults) and track your activity on an online Weekly Fitness Log.
To complete the Fitness Challenge and receive a FREE FITNESS CHALLENGE ATHLETIC SHIRT you must:
- Complete 150 minutes of moderate-intense physical activity each week. This is the minimum amount of aerobic exercise recommended by the CDC for healthy adults 18-64 years old. (Click here for additional CDC physical activity guidelines)
- Certify you completed 150 minutes of physical activity on your online Weekly Fitness Log before Noon on Monday each week. Each Friday you will receive an email from The Center for Health Education & Wellness (CHEW) that contains a link to your Weekly Fitness Log, which you will use to track the exercise you completed during the prior week. You will receive your first Weekly Fitness Log on 2/25.
- Submit 3 out of 4 Weekly Fitness Logs online and complte the Final Program Survey
- In order to complete the Fitness Challenge and earn a shirt, you must complete 150 mins of exercise and submit you Weekly Fitness Log on time for 3 out of the 4 weeks of the challenge. Weekly Wellness Logs will not be accepted after noon each Monday.
- Complete a brief online Final Program Survey at the end of the Fitness Challenge
- Participants will be qualified for weekly prizes based on their completion of the Weekly Fitness Log;
- Qualify for a weekly prize by completing your Weekly Fitness Log by Monday at noon.
- The first 250 qualified participants to visit CHEW on the Tuesday during the Fitness Challenge (starting at 10am) will receive the weekly prize.
- Weekly prizes include: earbuds, water bottles and fleece headbands
- Additional Prize Guidelines
- First come, first served… but no early birds. 10am is the earliest you are able to pick up a weekly prize at CHEW (Not at 8:30am or 9:42am… even if you have class or a meeting, sorry).
- Prizes are limited and not guaranteed; when prizes run out, they are gone. (Sorry folks, we have limited funds and do the best we can).
- You can only pick up a prize for yourself; you cannot pick up prizes for friends or co-workers. (we’re trying to be fair to everyone and spread the prizes out).
Final Prize: Fitness Challenge T-Shirt
- ALL participants who complete the 4-week program will receive a FREE FITNESS CHALLENGE athletic tshirt at the wrap up event.