State Work Study
The State Work-Study Program (SWSP) provides Pennsylvania students with employment opportunities in high-technology and community-service fields. Through SWSP you gain career-related, on-the-job work experience while earning money to help pay for your higher education. You may work up to 40 hours per week during term breaks and the summer and no more than 20 hours per week while classes are in session.
To qualify you must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident.
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more credits) in a PHEAA-approved higher education institution, in a program of study at least two years in length.
- Be a State Grant recipient, if an undergraduate student; or subsidized federal loan recipient, if a graduate student.
- Be able to benefit from a career-related work experience in a high-tech or community-service job.
- Not owe a State Grant refund or have defaulted on any student loan.
Filing Dates for the SWSP Application/Placement Form:
|Academic Year or Fall Term Only||October 1|
|Spring Term Only||January 31|