The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship
- Award - one $1,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Article requirement - 1,000-2,000 words on how your specialized training and knowledge could be applied to improving the practice of law.
- Deadline - December 31, 2018
Full information on the scholarship, as well as the online application form, can be found at the website.
Munley Law Scholarship
Scholarship award: $2,500.00
- You must be a legal resident of the United States
- You must be 18 years or older on or before the Scholarship’s disbursement (December 3, 2018)
- You must have proof of enrollment and good standing in a college, university, medical school, or law school by the time the scholarship is disbursed (December 3, 2018). Examples include: Enrollment verification letter from the registrar’s office, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester, etc.
- Students who have an immediate member of their family (e.g., parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, sibling, or member of their household) who is employed by or is a director of Munley Law or any other companies associated with the administration, development, or fulfillment of this contest are not eligible to participate.
Entry Format – Please Read Carefully
You may submit your entry in one (1) of the following three (3) formats:
- Microsoft® Word Document Maximum length is 500 words with a maximum file size of 2 MB. Please check your essay’s word count by using Microsoft® Word’s Word Count feature. Any words in excess of 500 will be deleted from the essay and will not be considered. The word count does not include the title of your essay, your byline, or any citations you may choose to include. Essays should be typed and double-spaced.
- Microsoft® PowerPoint Presentation Maximum file size of 10 MB.
- Video Presentation Video not to exceed 5 minutes in length with a maximum file size of 20 MB. You may not include any individual other than yourself in the video.
The format that you select to submit your submission (Submission) will not influence the contest judges’ evaluation of your Submission.
Please Note: Your entry should not be a report or biography. While it is expected that you will include some biographical information about your chosen signer, we are looking for you to share why this person is significant and interesting to you. Please review the criteria on which your entry will be judged before beginning your essay, PowerPoint, or video.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality – 40%
- Grammar and style 15%
Submissions will be judged by a panel made up of Munley Law lawyers and qualified staff. Judges will determine the Submission that has received the highest combined total score and the entrant of that Submission will be deemed to be the winner. In the event of a tie, the Judges will determine the winning Submission based on the Submission that received the highest score for persuasiveness.
Information to Include With Your Entry – Please Read Carefully
All Submissions must contain the following information:
- Your full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. This may be a drivers’ license, state-issued photo ID or any government-issued ID, passport, utility bill, credit card statement, or bank statement. If submitting credit card statements or bank statements, please black-out any identification numbers, account numbers, and financial information.
- The name and address of the college, graduate school, medical school, or law school that you currently attend or plan to attend.
- If a graduating high school senior, the name and address of the high school you currently attend.
How to Submit – Please Read Carefully
To enter, please email your Submission and Entry Information to email@example.com. Submissions directed to any other address or email address will not be considered.
The Submission deadline is November 12, 2018. Submissions received after that date will not be considered.
Please do not call the Munley Law office with questions regarding the Munley Law Scholarship.
More About Your Submission – Please Read Carefully
Once you have sent in a Submission, you may not change or edit the Submission.
Submissions that do not include all required information and that do not strictly conform to all the requirements set forth on this page will be considered void and disqualified and will not be judged.
Munley Law is not responsible for an entrant’s failure to properly complete each step of the registration process nor do they have responsibility or liability for any Submission that is corrupted or otherwise non-functioning.
We are not liable for Submissions that were not received, for any reason, and we cannot be held responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete applications.
Submission Requirements – Please Read Carefully
- A Submission must be totally your original creation, not infringe or in any way violate any third party’s intellectual property rights. The Submission: (A) must be in English; (B) must be in one (1) of the three (3) formats specified above; and (C) must relate to a signer of the Declaration of Independence.
- A Submission may not contain any obscene, lewd, violent, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate language, behavior, or slogans.
- Munley Law reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it or its representatives determine, in their sole discretion, do not comply with the rules as stated herein.
- The winner will be announced on our website, Facebook and Google+ pages on December 3, 2018.
- Checks will be made payable to the college, graduate school, medical school, or law school of the Scholarship recipient.
- As a condition of entering the contest and receiving any prize, the winner will be required to consent to the use of their name, age, area of residence, and school name.
- Winners will also be required to submit a photo for announcement on all media without limitation, throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from winner or any other party.
- Entrant/winner agrees to transfer and assign all rights and title of Submission to Munley Law.
- After winning, for tax purposes only, you may be asked to provide your permanent address.
- The winner’s contact information will not be distributed, sold, or shared with third parties who are not affiliated with the Munley Law Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
Winner agrees to use the Scholarship prize for education purposes only: tuition and or related expenses.Entrant represents and warrants that s/he has the legal capacity to enter this Contest, that the Submission is original and has been legally created by the entrant; does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and has not been published or distributed previously in any media. Additionally, Submitter represents and warrants that s/he owns all rights and title to the Submission.
Each submitter understands and acknowledges that they will not be paid for or receive any form of compensation for his/her submission. Winner will receive only scholarship funds not to exceed $2,500.00
Each Submitter further agrees to indemnify and hold Munley Law harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of the Submission, or the Submitter’s conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
2018 BluePay STEM Scholarship
To qualify, undergraduate or graduate students must be majoring in a STEM field of study and attending an accredited college or university.
Attach an essay below answering 1 of these 3 questions in a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 1,000 words:
- What recent innovation has meant the most to your daily life?
- What do you imagine or have you experienced to be the single greatest challenge that arises when you start your own business?
- What do you think is the biggest threat to the security of your personal information?
Applicants will have the opportunity to be featured on the BluePay blog with approval.
Please read full Program Rules here.
Visit our website at https://www.bluepay.com/company/scholarship/
The deadline to apply for the BluePay STEM Scholarship is December 20, 2018. Winners will be announced January 03, 2019.
William W. Hurst Law Scholarship Spring 2019 Scholarship
The Law Office of William W. Hurst, LLC offers two $500 scholarship each year to students who have an interest in pursuing a career in law. We award one scholarship for the Fall semester and another for the Spring. Preference will be given to residents of Indiana and those entering their first year of law school, however, others are encouraged to apply.
Spring 2019 Essay Topic
To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
“The growth of autonomous technology has led to the testing of self-driving vehicles on our roadways. With this technology comes new challenges dealing with public safety on our roads and freeways. What safety challenges do these self-driving cars pose and what type of rules and regulations should we consider to ensure safe roads for the public?”
Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or law school in the United States for the Spring and/or Fall of 2019. This includes high school seniors, freshman, sophomores, juniors, college seniors, and law students (L1, L2, L3). Applicants must also comply with all requirements set forth in the “Essay Submission Procedure” section below.
Essay Submission Procedure
People who wish to participate should send their essay as an attachment in an email (.doc / .docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20th, 2018 9 AM EST. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current/prospective course of study
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the essays. A winner will be chosen by January 5th, 2019. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
- Proper use of citations
Scholarship awards will be issued directly to the winner’s institution of choice.
All personal information collected from scholarship applicants will be used only for the purpose of awarding the scholarship. No personal information be distributed, sold or provided to third parties.
By submitting your essay, you are giving permission for Law Office of William W. Hurst, to use name or essay on our website, newsletter, or other social media channels, if selected as the winner. Only one winner will be selected. In the event that the winner fails to respond to the notification within 7 business days, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected. The prize will be issued in the name of an accredited college or university of a winner’s choice and can be used towards any fees and/or expenses associated with the winner’s education
Bad Credit Wealth Wise Scholarship
The BadCredit.org Wealth Wise Scholarship is open to US undergraduate and graduate students seeking a career in the finance industry.
The scholarship amount is $1,000 and will be awarded based on academic merit and submission of a short essay to be titled How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Major of study must support a career in the finance industry (e.g., finance, business, accounting, mathematics, management, and other related majors)
- Must be a US resident
- Must send in an official transcript
- Must be a current or future college student (e.g., high school senior)
- Scholarship must go to tuition purposes (will be paid directly to the university/college)
- Complete an essay for submission (see essay guidelines below)
- Due Date: December 31, 2018
- Announced: January 21, 2019
- Awarded: January 31, 2019
- Essay Topic/Title: How the US Credit Scoring System Can Be Improved. This essay will explore current issues in today’s credit landscape and various ways to offset the negative implications that affect many Americans’ ability to access capital.
- The essay should be 500-900 words.
- Any resources should be carefully noted and cited appropriately using the MLA format.
- Any plagiarism or fabrication will disqualify the applicant from award disbursement.
- The essay should be written in 12-point font, Times New Roman, double-spaced, 1-inch margins.
How to Apply
To apply, please mail your official transcript and original essay to the following address:
Attn: Wealth Wise Scholarship
15 SE 1st Ave
Gainesville, FL 32601
For further questions on the Wealth Wise Scholarship, please submit your inquiry via our online contact form.
SDL Achievers Scholarship Quarterly Opportunity
SameDayLoans365 is proud to announce the awarding of quarterly $500 scholarship to one winner in our SDL Achievers Scholarship 2018 Contest. The winning student will receive a one-time $500 lump scholarship to use towards education costs.
To be eligible for our Scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled full time in high school or at least part time in college, graduate, professional, or trade school.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least8.
How to Enter
To enter our contest, students must write a 750-word essay, or infographic on one of the following topics:
- Top 3 Sincere Reasons Why I Didn’t Transform my Hobby Into a Business Untill Now
- What Type of Financial Decisions Students Regret the Most
- How to Overcome the Stress of Being a Student in Debt
After writing your essay, please send it to email@example.com. All essays must be submitted in either Microsoft Word or PDF format.
Info-graphics should be attached to an e-mail along with other required details.
Applicants must send their contact information, including name, address and phone number, along with their essay, or infographic.
Applicants must also provide proof of where they are currently attending college or where they plan to attend in the future. We require proof of this, but it’s important to remember that we will send the money to you.
Winners for the SDL Achievers Scholarship are selected Quarterly, with application submission deadlines on December 28, March 28, June 28, September 28 (the same dates every year)
The winners will be announced accordingly, on July 16, October 16, January 16, April 16.