Applying for financial aid may seem complicated and confusing, but its completion is not as difficult as it may appear. Applications are available in December. Be aware of any filing deadlines. The following is a checklist of items you will use to complete the form:
- Parents' and student's 2015 federal tax returns. If the returns will not be completed prior to the earliest college application deadline, provide estimated figures.
- W-2 forms and any other statements of earnings. Review box 12a-d, (W-2 Form) for untaxed pension contributions.
- Current bank, stock and investment statements for both parents and student.
- Value of real estate. Do not include primary residence.
- Value of any business assets. Do not include net value of family owned business with less than 100 employees.
- Value of any S corporation or investment farms.
- Medical and dental bills paid and not reimbursed by insurance in 2015.
- Records of tuition paid in 2015 to private elementary or secondary schools for applicant's siblings.
- Records of untaxed income received in 2015 such as welfare, Social Security, TANF, child support, or veteran benefits.
Remember we are here to help you.
Feel free to call (570) 941-7701,
e-mail us if you have any questions.
- Apply for Aid
- Scholarships & Grants
- Loans & Financing Options
- Student Employment
- Veterans Information
- Private Outside Awards
- Helpful Resources
- Tuition Exchange
- Bursar's Office
- View My Status/Third Party Access
- Lending Code of Conduct
Financial Aid Office
St. Thomas Hall, Room 401
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
Fax: (570) 941-4370
- Federal School Code: 003384