2013 - 2014 Development Stipends for Online Courses
The Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence (CTLE) is pleased to announce that stipends of $5,000 are available for full-time faculty interested in obtaining funding to assist with the initial development of a 3-credit online course created on the ANGEL Learning Management System or stipends of $3,000 are available for full-time faculty interested in obtaining funding to assist with the revision of a 3-credit online course currently offered on the University's Learning Management System. For online courses being revised, they must have been taught three or more years online to be eligible for the stipend. Stipends for one or two credit online courses will be prorated. Please note that stipends are subject to taxes.
Faculty must have their course ready to teach online by summer 2014 or fall 2014. Faculty will receive payment after the course is taught online and the course syllabus has been submitted to Charles Kratz, Dean of the Library & Information Fluency.
Proposals should not exceed 2 pages and must include the following information:
- Intended audience for the online course;
- Statement about why the course should be online and the benefits for it being online (100 words or less);
- Online course description;
- Student learning outcomes and online assessment methods;
- Pedagogical approach for the use of technology in the course;
- Plan for use of multimedia materials (e.g., audio, video, streaming materials);
- Sample syllabus for online course that will incorporate ANGEL features (e.g., chat, discussion board);
- Commitment to develop the online course in collaboration with the CTLE Associate Director/Instructional Curriculum Designer and the Library Faculty Liaison to your Academic Department;
- A specific timeline for the online course development, including start and completion date;
- Specific resources needed for the online course development;
- A letter of Support from Department Chair or Dean; and
- Date of submission to the Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee.
Applicants are encouraged to consult with the CTLE Associate Director/Instructional Curriculum Designer Brian Snapp prior to submitting their applications. Proposals will be reviewed by a faculty subcommittee of the CTLE Advisory Group. All applicants will be notified in December 2013. Faculty will have the spring and summer semesters to develop the online course(s). Faculty will be asked to share their experiences and their online courses with their colleagues at a CTLE workshop.
Please submit applications via campus mail to:
Charles E. Kratz, Dean of the
Library & Information Fluency
Weinberg Library - ext. 4008
Application Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2012
|2012 Recipients||Dr. Sean Brennan
Dr. David Dzurec (History)
Dr. Aukje Lamonica (Exercise Science)
Dr. Tata Mbugua (Education)
Dr. Iordanis Petsas (Econ/Finance)
Dr. Kevin Wilkerson (CHS)
Dr. Patricia Wright (Nursing)
|2011 Recipients||Dr. David Dzurec
Dr. Marian L. Farrell Ph.D.
Dr. Sharon S. Hudacek Ed.D.
Dr. Meghan A. Rich Ph.D.
Dr. Robert McKeage (Management/Marketing)
Dr. Gloria T. Wenze Ph.D.
|Fall 2007 – Spring 2008 Recipients||Dr. Jack Beidler
Dr. Robert Spinelli (Health Admin & Hum Res)
Dr. Terri Freeman Smith (Health Admin & Hum Res)
Prof. Beth Sindaco (English)
Dr. Robert McKeage (Management/Marketing)
Dr. Oliver Morgan (Counseling & Human Services)
Dr. Rose Sebastianelli (Operations & Info Mgmt)
Dr. Nabil Tamimi (Operations & Info Mgmt)
Dr. Lori Bruch (Counseling & Hum Services)
|Fall 2006 – Spring 2007 Recipients||Dr. Deborah E. Lo
Dr. Robert L. McKeage (Management/Marketing)
Dr. Dona C. Bauman, Dr. Kathleen Montgomery, Dr. Gloria T. Wenze (Education; All Three applied for this Stipend and awarded together)
Dr. Satyanarayana V. Prattipati (Operation and Info)
Dr. Dona C Bauman (Education)
Dr. Terri Freeman Smith (HAHR)
Dr. Robert Spalletta (Physics/EE)
|Fall 2005 – Spring 2006 Recipients||Dr. Dona Bauman
Dr. Harry Dammer (Sociology-Criminal Justice)
Dr. Satyajit Ghosh (Economics-Finance)
Dr. Edmund Kosmahl(Physical Therapy)
Dr. Robyn Lawrence (Accounting)
Dr. Edward Scahill (Economics-Finance)
Dr. Ivan Shibley (Education)