The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
Barbara Wagner, D.P.T., director of clinical education in the physical therapy program, and her students can easily rattle off a list of the physical benefits that come from the “Seniorcise” program The University of Scranton’s Physical Therapy Department has created and has run at multiple Scranton-area senior residential communities for 20 years.
Shop Scranton, Shop Downtown!
A number of downtown businesses offer a 10% student discount. Take a walk downtown this holiday season to take advantage of all of the shops off campus and #ShopLocal! Click here for more information on what shops offer discount and our holiday Instagram contest!
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Renovates South Side Sports Complex
- The University of Scranton announced plans to invest $14 million to upgrade athletic fields and facilities known as the South Side Sports Complex, which is owned by the University. Plans include NCAA regulation baseball and softball fields and a multipurpose field that meets NCAA standards for soccer, lacrosse and field hockey. Plans also include a community basketball court, a children’s play area, field house, bleacher seating and parking.
- Friday, Nov. 11, 2:45pm | Dedication & Open House of The Student Veterans Lounge | Hyland Hall
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 11:45am | State of Scranton:Arts, Culture & Revitalization | DeNaples Center Ballroom A
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, 10:00am-3:00pm | Holiday Vendor Fair | DeNaples Center, 4th Floor
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
- Health & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride