The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
As a Catholic and Jesuit institution, The University of Scranton is committed to helping to address community needs and views the well-being of the University and the City of Scranton as intertwined.
Bishop of Scranton to Deliver Commencement Address
The Most Reverend Joseph C. Bambera, D.D., J.C.L., Bishop of the Diocese of Scranton, will serve as the principal speaker at The University of Scranton’s undergraduate commencement on Sunday, June 1. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Breaks Ground on New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- The University officially broke ground on its new eight-story, 116,000 square foot center for rehabilitation education on Nov. 14. The state-of-the-art $47.5 million facility incorporates the latest technology and teaching/learning environments for the departments of physical therapy, occupational therapy and exercise science. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic. New walkway open on Jefferson Avenue.
- Apr. 22-24: University of Scranton/Pennsylvania American Water Art & Essay Contest
- Apr. 23: Festival of Nations
- Apr. 25-27: Jungalbook
- Apr. 26: "Holi: Indian Festival of Color"
- Apr. 28: "We Are All Others: the American Story"
- through Apr. 17: Exhibit: "The Mutiny on the Bounty: A 225-Year Voyage from Fiction to Fact"
- through May 16: Exhibit: "TAG: Works by Susan Scranton Dawson and You"
- 2014 Community Relations Calendar