The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
In a perfect world, incarceration would be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Those who’ve made mistakes that resulted in a prison term would not only learn from those mistakes, but learn from what others are willing to teach them upon release, and never see the inside of a cell again.
Global Tastes of Scranton
The University of Scranton and community partners will host the second in the Global Tastes of Scranton series on October 22, 2016 at 6:30pm. This event will showcase the culture & cuisine of three refugee women from the Democratic Republic of Congo. Click here for more information.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Dedicates Brown Hall
- The University dedicated Louis Stanley Brown Hall on February 18, 2016, to honor its first African American graduate. Brown earned a commercial degree in 1919 from The University of Scranton, then St. Thomas College. The University of Scranton acquired the building in 2012. It currently houses the Enrollment Management and External Affairs and University Advancement divisions on the second, third and fourth floors. The University’s Small Business Development Center and Lavish Body and Home, a privately owned hair salon and store, occupy the first floor.
- Friday, September 23-25 | Family Weekend | Various Campus Locations
- Friday, Sept. 23-25, Friday Sept. 30-Oct. 2 | "The Birds" by Aristophanes presented by The University of Scranton Players | McDade Center
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 6:30pm | 2016 Hoban Memorial Lecture featuring David Miliband | McIlhenny Ballroom, DeNaples Center
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
- Health & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride