The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
Each week, 40 to 45 students from The University of Scranton and Marywood University participate in a cooperative program called Big Friends/Little Friends which ensures that disadvantaged pupils from Scranton-area elementary schools get at least two days per week on which they do not return from school to empty houses or perhaps empty refrigerators.
Students Encouraged to 'Shop Scranton, Shop Local'
This holiday season, University of Scranton students are being encouraged to "Shop Scranton, Shop Local" through an annual holiday campaign that includes this year a special collaborative Instagram photo contest and student "Shop Hop". Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Building New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- In the fall of 2013, the University began construction of a new $47.5 million center for rehabilitation education on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Linden Street. The new building is expected to be completed for the fall of 2015. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic.
- Dec. 4: 5:30 p.m. Schemel Forum Lecture. "Philanthropy in America: A Wide Angle View" Free. Call 570-941-6202.
- Dec. 6: 8 p.m. "In Concert: The 47th Annual Noel Night" Door open at 7 p.m. Free. Call 570-941-7624
- Dec. 8: 9 a.m.-throughout day. Sand Mandala of Peace. Atrium, Loyola Science Center. Free. Call 570-941-7643.
- Dec. 8: 6 p.m. Tibetan monks from Gaden Shartse Monastic College in southern India recitation of Tara Puja ritual prayers. Free. Call 570-941-7643
- Dec. 14: 7:30 p.m. "Empty Stocking Fund Benefit Concert." Admission is one new child's toy/clothing or cash donation. Houlihan-McLean. Call 570-941-7624.
- Dec. 25: 8 a.m. Community Christmas Day Breakfast. Doors open at 8 a.m. 3rd floor DeNaples Center. Free. No reservation required. Call 570-941-7401.