The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
The University of Scranton Student government organized more than 300 students, members of student clubs and organizations, for its semi-annual Street Sweep on Saturday, April 16 to clean up and beautify downtown Scranton and the Hill Section.
Study Sparks Dialogue on Need for 'Living Wage' in NEPA
The University of Scranton and The Institute for Public Policy and Economic Development release “living wage” study that reveals the region’s lingering income, job and social services challenges and offers multi-pronged recommendations to bolster family economic security. Read more. Visit Living Wage site.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Dedicates Brown Hall
- The University dedicated Louis Stanley Brown Hall on February 18, 2016, to honor its first African American graduate. Brown earned a commercial degree in 1919 from The University of Scranton, then St. Thomas College. The University of Scranton acquired the building in 2012. It currently houses the Enrollment Management and External Affairs and University Advancement divisions on the second, third and fourth floors. The University’s Small Business Development Center and Lavish Body and Home, a privately owned hair salon and store, occupy the first floor.
- Friday, June 3 - Sunday June 5 | Alumni Weekend 2016 | The University of Scranton Campus
- Sunday, July 3 at 4pm | 5th Annual Scrantastic Spectacular Fireworks | Downtown Scranton
- Saturday, August 6 from 9am-3pm | Men's Soccer ID Clinic | The University of Scranton
- Monday, August 8-Friday, August 12 | Carl Danzig Boys Basketball Day Camp 2016 | The University of Scranton
- Sunday, August 21 from 2-4pm | Back to School Bonanza | Courthouse Square
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
- Health & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride