Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Planning & Institutional Effectiveness is dedicated to providing the University community with information and analysis to support planning, decision-making, and overall improvement. Institutional effectiveness encapsulates a number of processes that serve to facilitate the comparison of institutional performance to our stated mission and institutional goals; namely, our strategic plan. Institutional effectiveness practices at the University are both at once evaluative and developmental. The office shares a strong, collaborative relationship with the Office of Institutional Research.
The primary responsibilities of the office include the coordination of:
- Managing institutional planning activities and the implementation of our planning & institutional effectiveness model
- Reporting of institutional performance measures and outcomes
- External analysis activities, such as environmental scanning
- Selected institutional evaluation & assessment services and projects
- Managing our institutional accreditation
- Coordinating institutional policy & governance activities
The Office embraces the core values of the Planning & Information Resources division: a passion for our work; an atmosphere of mutual respect, collaboration, and professional responsibility; a distinct customer focus; a spirit of innovation; and an emphasis on agility.
New! View this year's progress report on our strategic plan here.