Planning & Institutional Effectiveness
The Office of Planning & Institutional Effectiveness is dedicated to providing the University community with information and analysis to support planning, decision-making, and overall improvement. Institutional effectiveness encapsulates a number of processes that serve to facilitate the comparison of institutional performance to our stated mission and institutional goals; namely, our strategic plan. Institutional effectiveness practices at the University are both at once evaluative and developmental. The office shares a strong, collaborative relationship with the Office of Institutional Research, and partners with other offices under the larger Institutional Effectiveness umbrella.
The primary responsibilities of the office include the coordination of:
- Managing institutional planning activities and the implementation of our planning & institutional effectiveness model
- Reporting of institutional performance measures and outcomes
- External analysis activities, such as environmental scanning
- Selected institutional evaluation & assessment services and projects
- Managing our institutional accreditation
- Coordinating institutional policy & governance activities
Read a recent article on the potential partnerships between institutional policy and institutional research professionals here: http://www.acupa.org/resources/ACUPAnewsletterMarch2015.pdf .
New! View a progress letter regarding our strategic plan here.