Technology Support Center
The Technology Support Center assists all members of the University with their technology questions and requests.
Our services include:
- Reset passwords and PINs
- Assist customers in using University software, systems, networks, PCs and various other technology equipment
- Virus scan portable media
- Provide assistance accessing the wireless networks
- Deliver, set up and assist users with equipment in classrooms and conference rooms
- Support electronic equipment in mediated classrooms and conference rooms
- Provide support for University telephone systems
- Provide Royal Card support and services
- Quick Links
- Wireless Information
- Available Equipment
- Student Support & Repairs
- Student Employment
- Contact Us
- Classroom Database
- Compressed Schedule
- Computing Policies
- Exam Scanning Request Form
- Recommended Anti-Malware Tools
- Faculty and Staff Instructions for Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Remediation Tool
- Student Laptop Program
- Campus Wireless Network
- Royal Cable TV Channel Guide
- TSC Staff Only *
- Weinberg Memorial Library
- CTLE (Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence)
- Register your client-less devices, such as game systems, Kindle, etc. (On-campus only)
- Find out more about our Royal Guest wireless network
- Find out more about our Royal Secure wireless network (students, faculty and staff)
- See the Connect to Royal Secure tab for connections instructions
Laptop support is available to all students who need help with connection issues, malware removal and software related problems. We do not provide hardware or operating system support.
Hardware warranty repairs are available for students who purchased a Dell or Mac laptop with a valid warranty. The University of Scranton is an Authorized Dell and Apple Warranty Repair Center.
If your computer needs service:
- Students must remain with their laptop while service is being performed. Laptops cannot be left and picked up later.
- Students are responsible for backing up all their data and files before bringing their laptops for service.
- Bring all of your documents, program disks and original paperwork to campus, as it is sometimes necessary to have these in order to fix a problem.
We make every reasonable effort to resolve your computer problem but cannot guarantee that we will be able to successfully get your computer connected to our network or to fix every problem. The University of Scranton is not responsible for any loss of personal data or software not originally installed on the computer which may occur during the repair process. Certain repairs including, but not limited to, virus and spyware removal may damage software and/or data installed on your computer. IT Services technicians will take every precaution to prevent any loss of data but if such data were to be lost, the IT Services technicians will not be held responsible for any data loss.
The Technology Support Center employs Students Consultants and Student Supervisors throughout the year to provide technical support and to troubleshoot technology related problems for the University community via telephone, walk-up, in classrooms and at special events.
We encourage interested students to fill out applications. You will be contacted to set up an interview. This is a great opportunity for students to gain valuable experience, meet and work directly with other students, faculty and staff. Training will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for the TSC Student Consultant position, please review the job responsibilities and qualifications. Fill out an online application.
- Call 570-941-HELP (4357)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Alumni Memorial Hall, the number 29 (left bottom) on the campus map
Hours of Operation
We will be closing the TSC on Saturday, June 16, due to the University Power Shutdown.
Summer Sessions Schedule:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.