Information Update - Spring 1999
From the Library Director
- As we begin the Spring 1999 semester, the Weinberg Library is pleased to announce a new on-site faculty borrowing program sponsored by the Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc. (PALCI). Faculty members from 28 PALCI academic institutions have been granted on-site reciprocal borrowing privileges. This pilot program will conclude at the end of the 1998/1999 academic year. At the end of the period, participating institutions will evaluate the program.
- Participating libraries have set their own policies regarding borrowing privileges. A list of institutions and details of their policies (e.g., lengths of a loan, number of items that may be borrowed, etc.) are available at our Library at the Reference Desk and in the Director's Office.
- The University of Scranton Weinberg Library is responsible for authenticating its faculty members. Each University of Scranton faculty member wishing to participate must request an on-site faculty borrowing authorization form from the Weinberg Library. Faculty may pick up copies of the form at the Library's Reference Desk or in the Library's Administrative Office. On a faculty member's initial visit to another institution, he/she will need to bring this form verifying his/her affiliation with The University of Scranton and the requested expiration date for borrowing privileges.
- The University of Scranton Weinberg Library is responsible for ensuring the return of materials or for making restitution.
- Additionally, several PALCI institutions are participating in a free photocopy service for journal article requests. Please contact the Interlibrary Loan department at ext. 4003 for additional information.
- Please give us your feedback on these new consortia agreements.
Charles Kratz, Library Director