Information Update - Spring 1998
- The Greek philosopher Heraclitus said that nothing endures but change, so who are we to argue.' With that in mind, here are the Weinberg Memorial Library staff changes from the past few months: who's out, who's in, and who's just different. If we have missed anybody, sorry. We'll catch you next time.
- Leaving us last January was Jim Morgan from Library Computer Operations. He was a 13-year veteran at the University. Also leaving us was Bettiann Flanagan, Media Resources Clerk. She too had been with us 13 years. And Frank Kester, a Library Attendent for 11 years, left at the end of January. We wish all three lots of luck.
- Five new people have joined our staff. Michelle Fortune is the Secrerary to the Library Director. Rita Williams is our new Acquisitions Clerk. Francis Shimkus has joined as as part-time Circulation Clerk. Margaret (Maggie) Churilla comes to us as a new part-time Media Resources Clerk. And new at the Reference Desk is Bruce Reid, part-time adjunct Librarian. Welcome and good luck to all five!
- Not new, but moving to different positions, are the following (take a deep breath). Sheila Ferraro, formerly Secretary to the Library Director is now Circulation Clerk. Carol Petrunich, formerly Circulation Clerk, is now Access Services Clerk. Francis "Bud" Hennigan, formerly Media Resources Clerk, is now a Library Attendant. Carole Boettger, formerly Circulation Clerk, is now a Media Resources Clerk. And Michelle Peer, formerly part-time adjunct Reference Librarian, is now Evening and Weekend Public Service Librarian. She is also working part-time as a Cataloger, Once again, good luck.
- And finally, although it is not exactly a staff change, we did have one addition to the Library's extended family. Lisa Vender, a part-time Cataloging Clerk, and her husband Dominick are the new proud parents of a baby girl. Adrianna Vender first saw the light of day on October 17, 1997. We extend a special congratulation to mother, father, and the little one.