Information Update - Fall 2003
Thank You for Your Patience!
- This year brings big changes for all of us here in the Library. As previously announced, the Library is stepping into the new Millenium-a new, sophisticated online library software system created by Innovative Interfaces Inc. While librarians, faculty, students and staff are getting used to the look and search capabilities of this new, powerful interface, the Library's Acquisitions staff is also learning the "ropes" of ordering and receiving items on this new system.
- Usually, Library Department Budget Allocation letters are mailed out by the 10th of August. However, many faculty members are used to seeing items they requested "on order" or even "available" in the Library's online catalog before that date.
- Due to the change in Library systems there has been a slight delay in ordering as the Acquisitions department has waited for the new system to "go live," which occurred on 1 August 2003, and has worked on configuring the new system to perform the ordering functions of its predecessor, before placing orders for the 2003-04 budget year.
- With this in mind, if you do not see a title that you ordered a while ago that you need for this semester, do not hesitate to contact us, so that we can give your item top priority.
- For order inquiries, drop an e-mail to Narda Tafuri, Acquisitions Librarian: email@example.com or call her at x7811. We thank you for your patience and support while we make our transition!