Return to Student Teaching Handbook Home Page
- Students must apply for admission to student
teaching at the beginning of the semester prior to the semester during
which they expect to student teach.
- Student teaching applications are reviewed by
the Teacher Education Committee, and acceptance is based on the student’s
academic and non-academic record and performance.
- Students must complete all major coursework in
Education and Teaching Area, with a grade of “C” or better, and maintain a 3.00
G.P.A. in order to be considered eligible to student teach.
- The general education program, approximately
sixty-three (63) credits, constitutes the rest of the University’s liberal arts
- Students must provide reports on their Act 151
PA Criminal Background Check, Act 34 PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Act 114
FBI Fingerprint Clearances, a TB test, and a signed Act 24. Clearances that report violations will result
in the student being denied a student teaching placement.
- It should be noted that by the time the
students have reached student teaching, they will have had multiple experiences
for guided, systematic classroom observation as well as significant
individualized and whole-class teaching.
Click here for more information regarding the application for student teaching