Student Health Services
Welcome to Student Health Services
Maintaining good health is an essential component of student success both academically and personally. Student Health Services is committed to the promotion of student learning and personal development through the provision of direct health care, health promotion and education, and preventive care. We invite you to Student Health Services to explore any aspect of your well-being.
Achieving optimal wellness requires a lifelong commitment. Student Health Services fosters student learners to become active participants in their health care. This philosophy is rooted in the Jesuit educational tradition in which there is integration of learning with the development of the whole person.
Student Health Services at the University of Scranton is committed to:
- providing excellent health care to university students
- facilitating student learning through the acquisition of the knowledge and self-care skills required to achieve an optimal level of personal wellness
- forming competent health care consumers
As a result of direct care received at Student Health Services students will:
- develop the ability to effectively communicate with health care providers
- understand the relationship between their symptoms and diagnosis
- understand the relationship between their treatment plan and return to good health
- understand when self-care is appropriate and when professional care is needed
- utilize the expertise offered by other Student Formation and Campus Life Staff
- learn to obtain health information from reliable and credible sources and apply this knowledge for personal improvement of general health
- engage in healthy decision-making which impacts the University community at large