Information Update - Fall 2009
From the Library Dean
- Welcome to the new academic year. First, the Weinberg Library welcomes George Aulisio as its new Evening Public Service Librarian. George served as a part-time librarian during the past academic year at the Library's Reference Desk.
- During the summer months the wireless network was upgraded throughout the building in anticipation of more laptop use in the Library. The computers in the Pro Deo Room and on the second floor were replaced with new machines. This fall, we hope to introduce wireless printing in the Library. More information to come on this new service.
- If you have not had a chance to visit the Library's blog Infospot, please do so. The Library faculty and staff use the blog to communicate the latest happenings at the Library to the University community. The web address is http://wmlinfospot.wordpress.com/.
- We have a number of stimulating events planned this coming semester. During the months of September - December, the Library is honored to feature an exhibit the works of 18th century English author Samuel Johnson from the collection of Edward R. Leahy. September 18th is the 300th anniversary of Johnson's birthday.
- The Friends of the Weinberg Library will present the Royden B. Davis Distinguished Author Award to author William Bernhardt on Saturday, Nov. 14th at 5:00 pm. Mr. Bernhardt is an American thriller/mystery/suspense fiction author best known for his "Ben Kincaid" series of books. Bernhardt has sold more than 10 million books in several different countries throughout the world. I hope you can join us.
- Finally, the Schemel Forum is planning an exciting semester of activities with its second annual University for a Day on Saturday, September 12th, three seminars, and a luncheon series on Insights into World Affairs. For more information on the Distinguished Author event or the Schemel Forum events, please contact Assistant to the Dean Kym Fetsko at 941-7816 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charles E. Kratz