Ready to Run® Northeast Pennsylvania (NEPA)
- The University of Scranton, in collaboration with the Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP) at Rutgers University, offers non-partisan, campaign training programs that target women in northeast Pennsylvania.
2016 Media-Sponsor: WNEP 16 •
- The goal of Ready to Run® NEPA is to encourage women to get involved in politics by running for office, working on campaigns, and becoming an engaged community member.
- In order to form a more perfect union—a healthier and more effective representative democracy (government of, by, and for the people) –we need more women in public office at all levels of government. Research shows women govern differently than do men and they bring different priorities and solutions to the policy-making process. Women public officials work to make government more transparent to their constituents and more accessible to the diversity of people, voices, and concerns in their communities.
- In 2016, the University of Scranton will offer it’s Ready to Run® NEPA
o Wanted: More Women Candidates (Saturday, October 8, 2016)
- For more information contact: Linda Walsh, 570-941-7520, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Ready to Run - video
Wanted: More Women Candidates
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Location: Rose Room, Brennan Hall Fifth Floor, University of Scranton
Participants will walk away with:
• an understanding of what the underrepresentation of women in Pennsylvania state and local governments means for women and their families
• insight into the different perceptions voters have of the credibility of women and men candidates
• real-world advice for establishing yourself as a credible and viable candidate
• fundraising and media skills
• inspiration to launch a campaign